Help 5.1 and 7.1

NeedSomeHelp

Hello,

I need some advice, please.

I am in the process of setting up a home cinema and as part of that, (several months ago) I purchased a DENON AVR X2700H.
It came with 5.1 speakers. (QACOUSTICS.)

The room has been totally redesigned as a cinema and the projector and screen are in place so now my attention is finally turning to the sound system.

The X2700H supports Dolby 7.1 and Dolby Atmos, so it seems to make sense to me (as I have the floor up for cables, etc) to install 7.1 speakers

First question, the speakers that came with the AVR are QACOUSTICS 3010i - so do I just purchase another TWO of these?

Second question regarding POSITIONING:
The manual diagram suggests that the 5.1 SR SL speakers are on stands to the left and right of the seated viewer.

The design of the room means it's better for me to be able to install these at a higher level on the wall and angle them down.

Is that okay to do that?

Likewise, the additional 2 speakers for the 7.1 are shown on stands behind the seated viewer. Again, it would help me to be able to install at a higher level on the rear wall and angle down. Again, is that okay?

Thank you in advance.

IWC Dopplel

Distinguished Member
Anthony's videos and knowledge are tremendous

rccarguy2

3010i are good speakers but they're a bit small for main channels, use them as side, rears and heights but for mains get bigger ones I'd go for 3030i (the biggest standmount)

In 5.1 and 7.1 you want surrounds a bit above head level

Yorkshire AV

AVForums Sponsor
In essence - yes, match your rear surrounds to your current side surrounds.
It sounds like you bought the 3010i 5.1 package?

This could be a good time to upgrade the fronts perhaps?
You have the option of 3020i or 3030i bookshelf speakers in the range if you want to stay small, or buy the 3050i which are at an all time low price wise if you want to really upgrade the front.

This will allow you to reposition existing speakers into the 7 channel position :)

NeedSomeHelp

In essence - yes, match your rear surrounds to your current side surrounds.
It sounds like you bought the 3010i 5.1 package?

This could be a good time to upgrade the fronts perhaps?
You have the option of 3020i or 3030i bookshelf speakers in the range if you want to stay small, or buy the 3050i which are at an all time low price wise if you want to really upgrade the front.

This will allow you to reposition existing speakers into the 7 channel position :)
Thank you. I will take the opportunity to purchase upgraded front speakers.

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom