Help-436XDE/506XDE JL Pricematch.

madcyril

Established Member
Reaction score
JL have agreed to replace my dodgy Sony plasma so I'm going down on Monday to do a deal for one of the above plasmas.Has anyone managed to do a pricematch on either.

Let me know and help me save some pounds. :lease:

Cheers.

They don't sell XDEs.

They don't, couldn't get me a 436 XDE to replace my faulty 434, trust me I've tried.

Trust me they do,spoke to them regulary for 6 weeks regarding problems with my Sony.Now they have agreed to replace it they gave the 2 prices yesterday.

I believe they can special order XDE's but they are not readily available on their sytem, hardly anyone has gone for an FDE here mate.

It's defo gonna be an XDE but I was hoping to afford the 506.I'm going in the next hour so I'll throw some prices at them I see what happens.

madcyril said:
Yes they do,£2795 for the 436 and £3795 for the 506.

That is the FDE prices, they can special order the XDE's in, but it is a hastle for them, and they will probably charge higher than other places and not price match a special order.

6022tivo said:
That is the FDE prices, they can special order the XDE's in, but it is a hastle for them, and they will probably charge higher than other places and not price match a special order.

Ain't the FDE price as thats 2495. 436 XDE appears on their system at 2795 but they can't get any (or so two separate JL employees told me).

Will be interested in how this pans out for the OP.

PDP-434HDE said:
Will be interested in how this pans out for the OP.
Just got back,left them with a couple of pricematch options.I have contacted a couple of other stores for pricematches so hopefully one will come off.I'll post the outcome as soon as I hear but whatever happens I will be purchasing the 506XDE.

Just had one JL store on the phone refusing to pricematch a 506XDE.As posted earlier JL will at this time not be stocking either XDE's but they will order from Pioneer.And for that reason they would not pricematch.

Seems like another get out to me,maybe the plasmas they do pricematch are made on their premises.

Lets hope the other store comes up trumps.

madcyril said:
JL have agreed to replace my dodgy Sony plasma so I'm going down on Monday to do a deal for one of the above plasmas.Has anyone managed to do a pricematch on either.

Let me know and help me save some pounds. :lease:

Cheers.

I got my 506XDE for £3,420 including the official wall mount from a store in NW London.

Norbert666 said:
I got my 506XDE for £3,420 including the official wall mount from a store in NW London.

How are you finding it Norbert? Are you pleased with it?

madcyril said:
How about some details :lease:

Can't remember. My receipt is at home. It was on the North Circular road (London NW2), next to JVC. A big wholsesaler place.

All I did, was type in 506XDE in kelkoo and price runner, found it cheaper elsewhere, found somewhere which had it in stock then bargained like hell with all of them saying "well I can get it her for XXX, but if you want my money now..." blah blah blah.

Hard work. Took best part of a day bouncing them all off each other but definitely worth it. I collected it the same day.

EDIT - This might be it, but they don;t seem to have it in stock! At least you know they are reasonably flexible on prices though, so start negotiating!

EDIT2 - helps if I add the website: http://www.atlantic2u.co.uk/store/default.asp

Norbert666 said:

How are you findng it? Are you pleased with it?

I posted this before you replied to the other question so you may have missed it. :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom