Help 4306: can't get HDMI monitor out to work

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by rave_jt, Apr 26, 2007.

1. rave_jt

rave_jt
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just purchased the 4306 and it looks to be amazing. But I'm having trouble with the HDMI monitor out. When I run an HDMI cable from the 4306 HDMI monitor out to the Digital TV (HDMI) input on my Vizio L32 (HDCP compliant), all I get is the blue screen. Nothing happens when I try to get the 4306 on screen setup menu to display on screen. Works fine using the component monitor outs on the 4306. Any ideas? I've tried toggling every combo of HDMI settings in the 4306 setup that I can think of.

thanks
    rave

2. 12 promises

12 promises

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +119
    is there a setting in the tv menu you have to change?
    if all else fails try re-setting the ampfollowing the procedure in the manual.:)

3. Jules

Jules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,162
    I imagine this would be the same as the A11XVA which I've just boxed up... so I can't test it to be sure.... but, as far I can remember you should be able to see the main set up screen, but it won't display the parametres screen or other minor OSD's unless:

1) you have analogue to HDMI switched On,
    AND
    2) you are watching an analogue source.

If it won't display the MAIN setup screen on any input, then something maybe wrong.

4. rave_jt

rave_jt
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The only setting on the set is for the TV input. I couldn't find an amp reset option in the manual. Any chance you have a page number?

unfortunately, no

1 - tried with and without this set
    2 - the source is the 4306. I am only trying to get the setup menu from the 4306 to display at this point. No devices are atttached to any of the 4306's inputs. Just the HDMI out on the 4306 to the HDMI in on my TV

thanks
    rave

5. Jase

Jase
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,284
    Check the TV specs and see if it can accept a 480i/576i signal via HDMI. The OSD is output at 480i/576i. Quite a few displays can't accept this via HDMI (strangely enough).

6. rave_jt

rave_jt
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, its working now. Still no idea why it wasn't before. The other day it kind of start sputtering in and out (video and 4306 display would show up for a bit and then disappear again). The next day it just worked and has been working since. While the issue was occuring I tried diff cables and monitors so I still have to suspect the hdmi output on the 4306 but while its working now, I'll stop kicking it.

-rave