1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help- 43 rp or wait and get 36 crt

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by S600BYC, Oct 7, 2003.

1. S600BYC

S600BYC
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Looking for everbodys opinions here so anything at all is a bonus!
    Thinking about a panasonic pd30 (36 inch) but have seen very good deals on the toshiba RP 42 , 23 model and has got me wondering what would be best? I watch a lot of football, lot of movies and freeview tv and some movies(dvd). What do people think when i add in there is nearly a £800 in diference.
    I currently have a 28 inch jvc flatscreen (what tv winner couple of years ago) and am looking for an overall increase in screen size without a loss of detail as the picture is very good. Room size is 5.5m x 5.5m. Thanks for your time everybody, Scott.

2. davej

davej
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As a regular football viewer I had a horrendous time with the panny 36pd30, going through three before giving up. One of the pd30's flaws is a "dirty screen" effect which is unnoticeable when watching most TV but highlighted when watching footy (slow pans across the pitch). In common with a lot of TVs of that size it also highlighted digital artefacts with sport.
    Maybe I'm just bitter and twisted, ok, I am bitter and twisted, I wouldn't recommend the set for a sports viewer at all.

3. S600BYC

S600BYC
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    any more opinions?

4. nathan_silly

nathan_silly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had a Pansonic 28" widescreen, now a 42" Toshiba CRT RP. I can recommend one. However check for 50hz PAL flicker (on the standard 50hz set- 42PW23P) also check if you can see any 100hz artifacts.

I've seen 32" & 36" TV's with terrible geometry. This can be corrected on a CRT RP.