• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

HELP! - 3 red rings has my elite just died?

KTroopA

Established Member
i cant believe it, but just booted up my elite and started Bad Company and sudden freeze and horrid sound. then console froze. upon reboot its showing 3 red rings :( plz can someone help me. is it defintely dead or is there smehting i can try :( i bought from Game last aug and never had any problems till now. i read semthing about pressing eject 4 times to determine the RROD code, but didnt understand what to look for. plz help :(

what do i do nw?

C225

Distinguished Member
To get the code wait til the lights are flasing then whilst holding down the controller sync button(one on teh console) press the eject button 4 times. Each time you press a different number of lights will flash and that is your 4 digit code(4 lights actually means 0 not 4)

Mine broke yesterday and gives a code of 0102 which means that the xbox does not know what is wrong with it.

KTroopA

Established Member
To get the code wait til the lights are flasing then whilst holding down the controller sync button(one on teh console) press the eject button 4 times. Each time you press a different number of lights will flash and that is your 4 digit code(4 lights actually means 0 not 4)

Mine broke yesterday and gives a code of 0102 which means that the xbox does not know what is wrong with it.

thx m8. im gona wait till morning to try again, hope it springs back to life. if not RMA time :( . whats going on with elites ive read couple threads past month where they have begun failing. :confused:

what is the turn around time atm on getting them fixed?, and does MS tinker with anything inside lke the dvd drive or wot not, mine not modded. but i like my benq drive and hope to keep it :)

KTroopA

Established Member

i have the same error code as you m8. if i send for repair will MS replace any other components do you knw? like my drive is benq and broken in now, so noise levels are ok. i read smwehwere they provide a list of items repaired or work done on the returned console. cant find the post now :s but can someone plz confirm?

Monkey Alan

Established Member
Yeah they give you a list of what they changed and a 1 month live code;).

I had my launch one repaired twice and they just changed the motherboard.

C225

Distinguished Member
i have the same error code as you m8. if i send for repair will MS replace any other components do you knw? like my drive is benq and broken in now, so noise levels are ok. i read smwehwere they provide a list of items repaired or work done on the returned console. cant find the post now :s but can someone plz confirm?

They will only repair the parts they find a problem with. When mine broke the last time a year ago it was the exact same fault aas it did again a couple of days ago and they just replaced the motherboard so you should get your drive back unless they just do a straight swap for a refurbished console.

KTroopA

Established Member
They will only repair the parts they find a problem with. When mine broke the last time a year ago it was the exact same fault aas it did again a couple of days ago and they just replaced the motherboard so you should get your drive back unless they just do a straight swap for a refurbished console.

ok thx again :)

Lofty7983

Established Member
Mine has been back to Microsoft twice. First time for a new DVD Drive and the 2nd was a new motherboard.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom