Help! 250£ receiver???

JohnnyWalker

Standard Member
Reaction score
I´m searching for a receiver for a medium size room to be used with Infinity Oreus or KEF 2005 speakers.
I´m mostly concerned with music quality.
Budget is 250£

What do you think i should go for?

Here´s what i´ve seen so far:

Pioneer VSX-D812K

Yamaha RX V440
Yamaha RX-V540
Yamaha HTR-5660

Panasonic - SAHE100K
Panasonic SA-XR25EG

JVC RX-7030V

Sony STR-DB790

Denon AVR-684
Denon AVR-1604

Harman Kardon AVR130

Onkyo TX-SR501

Forget about it. Those speakers and any of those amps are going to work well with movies, but be only average for music. If you have any history with music seperates, all of the above is going to disappoint.

If you are coming from ICE or boombox CD listening, then you may find the sound from above AV amps/sats acceptable.

If music listening is really important to you, stick with stereo seperates: CD player and stereo amp into good budget bookshelf speakers.

Are you saying the speakers are no good for listening to music, or just that they are acceptable, and not up to the performance of bookshelf speakers.

Would either of the speaker setups be improved with a better amp ?

JonnyWalker,

The Infinity Oreus are mean't to be good satalite speakers, I had a demo of these are thought they sounded good, though they wer'e a little to rich for my liking.

The yamaha amps should work well with these speakers. And be quite good with music.

It's true that music sperates won't sound as good as a AV Amp with satalite speakers.

but I persume you want something for music and HT.

It does still sound good in stereo music (depending on what you buy) and you also have a HT setup.

Get yourself a demo and see for yourself....

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom