1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP! 24 series 2 DVD Sleeve required

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by milfordkong, Apr 28, 2005.

1. milfordkong

milfordkong

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    hey everyone,
    Long time lurker, first time poster, here with a bit of a long shot.

Basically I managed to get 24 series 2 nice and cheap off ebay, however when it arrived I was shocked to find that despite the discs all being pretty pristine, the box itself is very tatty and the sleeve that covers the internal box is completely missing!! This is from a description that stated 'immaculate only viewed once' and a photo that showed a complete box.

It may have only been viewed once but the box must have been abused a lot to get into the state it's in and lose it's entire sleeve.

The guy now will not answer my emails demanding a refund and hasn't left me feedback despite me paying him as soon as the auction ended with paypal. Now I know that if i leave him the negative feedback he deserves, he'll only give me the same (which i clearly don't deserve) and my 100% positive feedback will be gone.

Anyway, my question is, is there anywhere I can obtain the sleeve for 24 series 2 from without the discs? I'm doubtful but I thought if anyone knew it'd be the av forums folk.

Thanks in advance,
    Andy,

2. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
    Ratings:
    +76
    nope im sorry i dont think you will be able to obtain one. should have got the boxset brand new for £17.99 when fox had the promotion on and saved yourself this trouble. sorry

3. shaithis

shaithis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Not leaving negative feedback is a great way to help protect these 'theives'...

GO LEAVE THAT NEGATIVE FEEDBACK NOW.

4. milfordkong

milfordkong

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I fully intend to leave negative feedback, however like I said i'm pretty sure that despite me carrying out my ebaying duties perfectly (paying instantly) he'll just give me unjustified bad feedback in return.

The feedback system usually works quite well, but in this case it looks like i'm going to be a victim.

As for the promotional price, thanks for the advice but as it's not available anymore and I only just watched the first season of 24 last week. Not really sure that's my fault either.

I got season 1 off amazon for 19.99 and assumed i'd be able to get the second season for that when I returned but sadly not as the prices have gone up again.

This is really pissing me off, as i'm sure everyone understands that even though the discs work fine, it just looks totally odd on my dvd shelves and next to season 1 without it's sleeve. Plus it's the principle of the matter, this guy has blatantly lied in his listing, knowing fine well that the buyer wouldn't be happy with the product. What a scumbag!

Andy

5. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
  6. milfordkong

milfordkong

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    boy am I feeling sheepish!

DVD Price Check has failed me!

Still doesn't solve my problem though eh?

cheers for the tip,
    Andy

7. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    i know it dont i was just pointing you in the right direction if you were to get it new again etc

8. TarPot

TarPot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +199
    If you paid by paypal and you are within 30 days, you can complain and try and get your money back throught hem.

9. Baron Von Doom

Baron Von Doom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +140
    are you willing to print one. I have done a few and they look the same as the originals. i know some sites that might have some to down load. must use good paper. these are only supposed to be used by people who own the original and not for pirating films.

10. Fatti

Fatti

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    You could try writing to Fox and see if they have any spare sleeves kicking around. Probably a long shot but for the price of stamp you haven't much to lose.

11. milfordkong

milfordkong

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Cheers Kopite, I may have to buy it again as i'm a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to my collection, and it'll really annoy me seeing it sitting there on my shelf in such crap condition.

I'm currently in the process of filing an ebay squaretrade complaint and trying to get my money back.

Just ****** off that it all went pear shaped and all I wanna do is see the next series of 24 after becoming addicted to the 1st season. Wish i'd shopped around a bit more and checked out MVC in the first place now.

Andy

ps. Not really keen on printing off the sleeve as it wouldn't be nowhere near the quality of the actual glossy card sleeve that comes with the boxsets. Again it would just annoy me too much to see it there with a printed off fake.

12. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    im the same mate im totally anal about dvd sleeves/cases. especially 24 as im a mad mad fan as some people round here know :D

13. Baron Von Doom

Baron Von Doom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +140
    sometimes you cant tell the difference but you would still know it isnt right

14. lovemunkey187

lovemunkey187

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    How come you changed from bauerctu?

15. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +826
    :offtopic: you a 24 fan when did that happen? :D

why the name change?

back on topic: i doubt you will get a sleeve (without resorting tom shop lifting anyway :D ) i think its because of things like this that i dont use ebay, i really struggle to buy DVD's second hand. the Computer exchange in birmingham is good for 2nd hand stuff as they only take stuff that is in excellent condition. where as other companies will accept any old tat.

i work part time for blockies and about a month ago a guy came in to trade a shed load - of dvds (over 200). the discs themselves werent in bad condition but the covers!! the covers had been coloured in!!! :eek: with a PINK highlighter pen :eek: he said he gave them to his daughter to keep her amused while he watches the film :eek: i said i wouldn't take them but the store manager took them anyway - he paid the guy nearly £350 in cash :eek:

he was sick as a parrot when the police arrived the next day to tell him they were stolen :rotfl: i did laugh!! we still have them in a box at work it breaks my heart to see them.

Gary

16. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    i fancied a change to suit my personality :D liked the name and its my user name on every other forum i visit. im still a big 24 fan non the less so dont think i'll be slacking around the old 24 related threads ;)

17. Marc

Marc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,081
    this is something i've always wondered about too, there are lots of dvds which originally came in sleeves but then started shipping without, as well as dvds which have later been shoved together inside a box and sold as a set. i'd love for instance to own the tomb raider box to put my dvds in or the italian job box, they'd look so nice on the shelf. I wouldn't mind paying a quid or two to get them but i can never find anyone to contact about it.

ps - about the feeback issue, be a sneak and leave feedback 89 days after the close date of the auction and if you're lucky the other eBayer won't notice in time to leave you any in return. Kind of defeats the object of feedback but i wouldn't compromise my 100% for anyone.