Help (16th September, Channel 4)

richp007

Distinguished Member
Really looking forward to this; two powerhouses in Comer and Graham right there. Other famous faces too, and a script from Jack Thorne.

Plus on a personal level too with my old man having caught Covid in a care home last year.

Help, set in a fictional Liverpool care home, tells the moving story of the relationship between a young care home worker ( Jodie Comer) and a patient (Stephen Graham), whose lives are changed forever by the onset of the coronavirus pandemic in spring 2020.

encaser

Ahh, ayy, dat lukes boss.
Sorry.
I expected it to say Graham was a young care patient (showing my age) and not Comer as a young care worker: who at 28, is positively not young for one.
Let's trust it doesn't go too hearts and flowers heroes and have some punch in the tough decisions made for better or worse.
This period could have some truly shocking international dramas emerge; ranging from the Italian homes that abandoned residents, to those that truly risked all to care.
This drama though, is sure to stir some very uncomfortable emotions for many; as well as relief that many care homes here tried their best, with a government that made much so difficult.

87gpk

Jodie Comer can kidnap me for us to go and live in a caravan anytime she likes!

Last edited:

Cobb

Distinguished Member
I thought this was superb. Felt a bit like horror in the 2nd act, fantastic stuff. Wasn’t too keen on the 3rd act but overall this was outstanding. 10/10

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
Bleak but very watchable, boss Steve hasn’t got a clue soft git

Think they might have filmed it on a iPhone 13 with it’s new blur focus feature 😉

It turned into One Summer type drama
in the final act with the pair on the run
Felt like a different show ?

Jodie on top form per usual

Last edited:

Tim2049

Looking forward to starting this. Jodie Comer and Stephen Graham are the two finest British actors out there at the moment in my opinion. I can't see how this series can go wrong...

neuty

Distinguished Member
Bleak but very watchable, boss Steve hasn’t got a clue soft git

Think they might have filmed it on a iPhone 13 with it’s new blur focus feature 😉

It turned into One Summer type drama
in the final act with the pair on the run
Felt like a different show ?

Jodie on top form per usual
Big memories for One Summer.

myss

Interesting drama, weirdly it didn't touch me as emotionally as I would have thought considering my mum's in a care home (coming out soon thank goodness) but it had more of a sobering feeling by the end of it.

It was a good watch although it could have stopped around the 2hr mark when
Sarah confronted the care home manager about drugging Tony
as the latter part after that got a bit unrealistic for me. Great acting.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Anthem AVM 70 Review, EQing Your Home Cinema Sound System and More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom