1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hellrasier Lament Configuration Box R2 shipping from Play

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Dibbiedibbie, Sep 24, 2004.

1. Dibbiedibbie

Dibbiedibbie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What I just said :p

I got my shipping notification email yesterday - looks like play have sorted out their "system problems".

2. blaze

blaze
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I got a card through the door this morning, so i must have missed it (somehow...even though i ansered the door to both postmen today: royal mail van and the normal postie) and it went to the sorting office....got til 11am to pick it up tomorrow *doh*

3. Dibbiedibbie

Dibbiedibbie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Beats me chief, I didn't get anything at all apart from the usual junk :(

4. blaze

blaze
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    The card that came was for another boxset i ordered and forgot about, heh.

Never had any post today, so hopefully i'll get this on Monday....

5. Marc

Marc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,081
    Got my lament configuration this morning :) very nice looking box, but it has a few title/certificate stickers on it, and i don't know if they are removable! Has anyone tried peeling them off?

never mind, someone dared me to just try, and they came off fine.

6. IanB

IanB
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

I haven't dared open my box in case a load of hooks on chains shoot out and drag me down..... :devil:

7. Mole69

Mole69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I also got this box set. Can anyone tell me why the picture is so diabolically bad on some of the darker scenes in Hellraiser 3? It really is very poor indeed.

8. Marc

Marc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,081
    there are a few added scenes which have not been remastered from their original vhs format as far as i can tell. Judging by the terrible quality, there's not much that could have been done to remaster them, so i guess A.B. just made the decision to give the people the uncut version despite the quality. I had no qualms with the rest of the movie's PQ though.

9. Mole69

Mole69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that Marc Angelus, I appreciate the explanation. As a newcomer to AV Forums and not the most knowledgable person on AV matters, perhaps you could explain something else. If these scenes were added, that implies they were not included in the original release. So why would they have been mastered from a VHS source? I would have thought they would have been mastered from thier original fim stock. Or am I just not understanding the whole mastering thing properly?

10. Marc

Marc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,081
    from what i've heard, when hellraiser was released, there was a lot of controversy about how gory it was, and a lot of scenes had to be removed in order for the movie to pass as an R or 18. However other countries like holland, have no such qualms about gore, so there are uncut versions of all of those movies there. Now it's not uncommon, especially for the 80's and 90's for a movie to have bits cut from the original reel, and for those bits to be thrown away or lost forever in an archive room. Either that, or this is the original reel, and they were just too lazy to remaster it, but i hope that's not the case!! If you watch the A.B release of army of darkness (directors cut) you will see the same thing happens with all the added scenes in that movie too.

11. RL123

RL123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    That's right. This release of the trilogy has had a lot of previously unseen (in this country, anyway) footage restored. Hellraiser 2, for example, has over 5 minutes of re-inserted footage!