1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hellraiser Trilogy release - who's bought it?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by PoochJD, Sep 28, 2004.

1. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi,

Anyone bought the lovely Limited Edition "Hellraiser Trilogy" DVD Lament Configuration boxed set, that came out on Monday morning?!

If yes, what did you think of it, and are the films truly uncut as Anchor Bay claim?

If not, why not?

Pooch

2. nwgarratt

nwgarratt
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,821
    I have the digipack and I am well pleased. Plenty of people seem to have problems with the cube packaging. It is poorly made and discs are cracking due to being held in place to tightly.

Some people also claim they are getting lock ups at the layer change of the first film. It is poorly placed and my Sony player pauses for a long second or so then carries on.

I ordered it from Play when it dropped down to £17.99 It was only that price for a couple of days.

The first film looks like it is the US R cut on my R1 Hellraiser Tin.
    A review is here.

http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=12862#

3. videonasty

videonasty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    I have the Lament Configuration set & I must say it is lovely. :thumbsup: There is a slight design flaw in the box, but its not overly noticeable & its fits together nicely.

I think its about time that the Region 2 market saw this kind of set, that Region 1, 2 (Japan) & 3 have been getting for ages :lesson: :thumbsup:

4. Tafsir

Tafsir

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +96
    i thought there were more then 3 Hellraiser films,

if their is more, then whats the point of having this incomplete boxset

5. Setenza

Setenza

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +226
    Pooch, so far all I've done is checked out the second film and it's definately the same as the unrated prints released in the US. It's far stronger than the US R rated and UK 18. Loads more in the pinhead transformation scene and loads more of Channard conversion into a cenobite. Oh and the dude razoring himself in there in it's entirety. I would assume that the 2 titles are all uncut too.

6. nwgarratt

nwgarratt
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,821
    There are 6 Hellraisers on DVD plus two others.

However, the others are licenced to Buena Vista. Anchor Bay will get them in a years time.

7. captaineyecatch

captaineyecatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    and then another box set will come out ... AB love making money.
    Got the set yesterday from play got the Box version - very cheap and nasty and make sure you take out the dvds and put them in another case as loads of people are repoting the discs are cracking due to the tight holders. Glad i kept my AB US Hellraiser 1+2 Tin and my German Red edition of Hellraiser 3
    Hellraiser 1 is the US print - very annoying as i was hopeing we would get to hear the original Eng Soundtrack.
    Is Hellraiser 2 the same as the AB US release including the dream scene that is missing from the Unrated versions???

8. BrianC

BrianC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    I got my cube edition yesterday, and I'm not happy, I sat down to watch hellraiser 1 and I had to stop it by the point it got to the menu as my DVD player was making an awful grinding noise.

If I swapped the disk over for another DVD (even the other disks in the box) there was no grinding noise.

The disk doesn't looked warped or cracked, I guess I'm going to have to get onto amazon today.

9. Simon6776

Simon6776

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    I ordered it, then had second thoughts and cancelled it. I have the R1 Tin, with HRs 1 & 2, both uncut, and I didn't really think it was worth buying the box for HR3, and a few extras.

10. BurninVermin

BurninVermin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    Seems strange that some web sites are selling the special cube version cheaper than the standard box set?

11. Setenza

Setenza

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +226
    I also have the strange grinding noise. Basicly I think that these disc have been badly pressed.

12. Marc

Marc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,081
    i got the lament configuration box, i like the look of it, it's definitely a good looking thing to have on the shelf. Hopefully when 4 5 and 6 get released as a box, we'll get another lament configuration, but with blue glow coming out of the seams as if it's just been solved.

I watched Hellraiser 3 last night, and was a bit disappointed that all the added scenes to make it uncut are sub vhs quality, with crappy sound, which detracts from the viewing experience. The layer change took about 1 second but was right in the middle of a scene, so was very noticeable.

I didn't know about the discs getting cracked by the holders, mine seem fine, i hope i don't get that problem.

13. Fatti

Fatti

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    I got the Lament box through today and checked out a bit of Hellraiser 1 for the grinding noise. All seems happy on my few year old Sony 525....although that was after spending a while trying to get the disk off the holder. I thought for a moment they had been glued in when the box was put together.

14. nwgarratt

nwgarratt
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,821
    I also have the R1 tin set.

I only bought the digipack because I wanted Hellraiser 3 in widescreen. If I was going to pay around £12 for H3, I though I might as well as had the whole set as it was just another fiver.

15. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi,

Thanks for all the replies. Borrowed my friends Lament Configuration set, and I found:-
    - no problems removing the discs from the box
    - no cracked discs, and
    - no grating noise problems on my Pioneer 626D multi-region DVD player

It's a shame that the "Hellraiser III" widescreen version couldn't have had all the extra footage digitally-remastered, but other than that, all discs were very good picture and sound-wise.

If anything, my only complaints, are:-
    - that there wasn't that much point in including "Hellraiser III" on the Bonus Disc, in the original 4:3 version. (The print didn't seem in that bad a condition, compared to the widescreen version, in my opinion.)
    - there was no information about the censorship history of these three films, or the original UK voice-cast audio changes.

Does anyone know if the version of "Hellraiser" included with this set, has the original UK voice cast, or have some been dubbed over, by US cast members? If dubbing has taken place, can anyone tell me which members had their voices modified, please?

Thanks.

Pooch

16. captaineyecatch

captaineyecatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
  17. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi,

Cheers Captain! It doesn't answer all my question, but was still a useful and informative page! Much oblidged, matey! :)

Pooch