Question Hellraiser 3

Whitley Lad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone advise if there is a decent version of Hellraiser 3 : Hell on Earth on blu?

In fact if anyone can provide a 'definitive' where to source each Hellraiser movie that would be brill :)

There is an Austrian release of Hellraiser III that contains the rated and unrated versions of the film.
Not sure if I'm allowed to post the link for it here

PM me the link please mate.

Thanks pal.

Wonder if this has removable subs?

I have no idea. It's hard to find much info about it to be honest. Maybe you could email the production company?

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Hellraiser 2 and 3 are never going to look brilliant but they are still better than DVD. There is very little difference between the blu ray versions. Hellraiser 1 on the UK Anchor Bay blu ray has a little more grain in the picture compared to the Italian version.

Comparisons -

caps-a-holic.com High Definition

Do you know what version of Hellraiser 3 is in the collection - cut or un-cut?

Also, what sound option for English and are the subs removable?

93 minute version of H3.

English DTS MA for all 3 films and English subtitles. I believe there was a few instances of burned in Italian when there is some English caption on-screen with H2.

But no burned in subs on Hellraiser 3?

There are no burned in subtitles anywhere except a few translating captions turning English to Italian. I can't remember if it happens in H3 but it is a case of being on screen for a second or so.

Just noticed this thread, hopefully not too late to provide info.

I have the Austrian version of HR3 with both cuts (comes in black case which is nice touch, best artwork on sleeve of all the releases I've seen). Don't remember any burnt in subtitles on that, though its been a while since I watched it. I will say though, and this will apply to any uncut version (to my knowledge), that the uncut sections are upscaled from the DVD version, which itself might be from a VHS version. certainly look well below the standard of an average DVD pq. Can be quite jarring in the club scenes, as theres a very noticeable dip for a few scenes periodically, but I put up with it as I like some of the uncut scenes later in the film. I find the release pretty decent overall though, knowing its never going to get a massive makeover.

Thanks for that mate - finally ordered it this morning, along with Bride of Re-Animator:)

One to keep an eye on.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom