Hello... Newbie Here!! LG50PC1DA Plasma

Carl Fairhurst

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello People!

I have just recently got a LG 50" Plasma and with a great deal of help from a fellow forum member (Mark Porter) we have hung it on the chimney breast, as you can see from the picture, we havent plasterd over the cables as yet this will be done after christmas.

Could any of you answer a few "newbie" questions for me?

1. What is the "running in" period of a plasma TV and how would I go about doing it? Is it just a matter of turning your brightness and colour down?

2. As anybody here got the LG 50PC1DA? What picture settings have you got? there is so many settings!!!! I would like your optimal viewing settings that you use.

Cheers Guys & Lasses

Carl

Attachments

• NearlyFinished.jpg
    NearlyFinished.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 309
Hello People!

I have just recently got a LG 50" Plasma and with a great deal of help from a fellow forum member (Mark Porter) we have hung it on the chimney breast, as you can see from the picture, we havent plasterd over the cables as yet this will be done after christmas.

Could any of you answer a few "newbie" questions for me?

1. What is the "running in" period of a plasma TV and how would I go about doing it? Is it just a matter of turning your brightness and colour down?

2. As anybody here got the LG 50PC1DA? What picture settings have you got? there is so many settings!!!! I would like your optimal viewing settings that you use.

Cheers Guys & Lasses

Carl

hi carl

welcome to lg50pc1d ownership

all you questions will be answered here :thumbsup:

Thanks for that johnny! I shall have a nosey through that later! So whats the xbox 360 like on the LG? Im hoping santa is going to bring me one for xmas :).

Cheers

Carl

Thanks for that johnny! I shall have a nosey through that later! So whats the xbox 360 like on the LG? Im hoping santa is going to bring me one for xmas :).

Cheers

Carl

absolutely brilliant. was like getting a new console going from my old crt

The 50" looks huge, how much heat does the fire put out. thats the only thing I would be concerned about. If the 50" is like the 42, then it has no cooling fans and relies on convection to keep cool, in this case it could be replacing hot air with even more hot air.

The 50" looks huge, how much heat does the fire put out. thats the only thing I would be concerned about. If the 50" is like the 42, then it has no cooling fans and relies on convection to keep cool, in this case it could be replacing hot air with even more hot air.

TBH I never thought about the intake of cool air (doh), but with the fire being an inset and the grills blow the warm air out, I was very surprised that there is very little heat that goes near the TV, I must admit Im very paronoid when the fire is on and keep touching the TV's bum (ooohhhh errrrr!!!) but its the same temperature as if we hadnt got the fire on and only the central heating. Well must go and watch some more of my new TV!!!!

Have a good Xmas all of you!!!

Carl

Hey I'm new here, sorry if its a stupid question. I'm thinking about getting this TV and wondered if it can display 720p/1080i?

thanks.

Hey I'm new here, sorry if its a stupid question. I'm thinking about getting this TV and wondered if it can display 720p/1080i?

thanks.

yes

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom