• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Hello Ladies (HBO/Sky Atlantic)

Redline

Prominent Member
He was very good in Extras as Darren Lamb and as Wheatley in Portal 2. Not sure about his stand up though.

brian s

Distinguished Member
He was very good in Extras as Darren Lamb and as Wheatley in Portal 2. Not sure about his stand up though.

I've only seen clips of his stand up but I always enjoy him when he makes a solo appearance on TV. It'll be interesting to see how this turns out.

Bri

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
Can we rename this thread to Hello Ladies (HBO)

Stuart Merchant (Life's Too Short), Nate Torrence

HBO has ordered 8 episodes of Hello Ladies which follows unlucky-in-love Stuart's attempts to find the woman of his dreams in Los Angeles.

Directed by Stephen Merchant

Written by Stephen Merchant with Lee Eisenberg and Gene Stupnitsky, who both wrote for NBC's version of The Office.

First Clip

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
Could be interesting, but I get the impression that the main audience is in the US so I get the feeling that it's not going to be a big hit over here in the UK. Only way to tell is to wait and see I suppose

HBO's Episodes did well over here, i can see the same for this

krish

Distinguished Member
am pretty sure the pilot will do well in the US and here due to his back catalogue, and if it's any good the series should too (presumably Sky Atlantic ... unless it's a continuation of the Gervais/Merchant HBO/BBC relationship)

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
Stuart Merchant's 2011 stand-up tour Hello Ladies, his new show is based on, is on tonight, 11:10pm Channel 4 (1hr)

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
FJug4A3.jpg

weyland-yutani

Established Member
lol, he did a del-boy.

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
Pilot

I thought it was good, the club scene was funny :D
i will watch the other episodes. Prefer this to M J Fox and Crazy Ones, though i will continue with all 3 for now.

Redline

Prominent Member
Thought it was a great first episode. No canned laughter even better. Its great how comedy is a very personal thing.
I cannot stand shows like Mrs Browns boys, Citizen Khan. etc. I just find them not funny.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom