Hello, I'm new to LG TV's

daniel2229

Novice Member
I just purchased a new LG UP7670PUC 50" TV. I have it up and running with my Spectrum box cable plugged into the top HDMI port, and when it was recognized the screen said it was connected to HDMI 1. It works well. I had to go to the Standard picture mode as the default was way to dark for most of the shows I watch. The Standard is still on the dark side but is a major improvement. I am not using a sound bar.

I have a Firestick that I would like to use. On my older Sony, I used a splitter and had to change to the input from channel 6 to 7. The 7 input is also where I watched my Sony DVD. So I guess I want to know where to plug in the Firestick and the DVD player. I read somewhere on the "Net not to plug the Firestick into the ARC HDMI port. Should I continue using the splitter? Can I plug my DVD player into the ARC port?

Then I guess my next question is how to access the HDMI channels? Did not notice a list like on my Sony TV. Had to select channel 7 each time I watched the Firestick and the DVD player. I have a subscription for Prime and also Paramount +.

Thanks for any help you can give me!

Daniel

next010

Distinguished Member
Attach each device that has HDMI to the HDMI ports on the TV and then press the input button on the TV remote (looks like this), it will bring up a list on screen of the HDMI inputs that you can select.

You can plug HDMI devices into the HDMI (ARC) port, ARC just means this port can be optionally used with a sound system.

daniel2229

Novice Member
Thanks, I will try this tomorrow and let you know the outcome. So if I get this right, I will press the input button on the LG control to choose the correct HDMI 1 or 2. In my case there are only two.

Thanks so much,

Daniel

daniel2229

Novice Member
Plugged in the cable box to the ARC, and it works flawlessly. Now I just push the Input to switch over to my Firestick.

Thanks so much!

Daniel

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom