1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello... Help please... Re Samsung LE32R41BDX

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by MattDJ, Aug 4, 2005.

1. MattDJ

MattDJ
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi all...

Im in the process of recommending an lcd screen up to 32" for both mum and dad... and now my grandfather!

So... i went to comet today and saw this set... and was mighty impressed with the HD feed they were sending it...

And your help... anyone had any problems... or anything i should be aware of before we buy 2 of em?

I have a Sharp 37" GA4 (i think, DVI with HDCP etc) for comparison... and i wish id waited and got the Samsung based on the demo in comet...

LMK ur thoughts...
    Thanks in advance.
    Matt

2. maxlifo

maxlifo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Read the massive thread about this series of TVs! 150+ pages though.

All is good apart from some people experiencing tearing at hi resolutions (@60Hz) via HDMI and also Component.

The freeview and terrestrial will disappoint them most probably, I'd say since they are getting you to choose them a TV, they won't be using the Hi def inputs (thus getting the most out of this screen). Are they tech savvy?

You should probably try to read through the post to be fair...

www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=217166

3. skinimin

skinimin
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi Matt,

Is the pic on your GA4 that bad ? the reason I ask is I'm looking at getting a GD1E which I think is basically the same thing. When I got my Tosh 32WL48 lots of people said the ga3 & ga4 range had better hi def pq.

4. MattDJ

MattDJ
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Yeah... had a bit of a read... but a few posts, went a little off topic with different sizes etc... and updates on problems they had (tho i couldnt find what the problems were)...

They are not that tech savvy... lets put it this way... in both instances, they will be used for tv watching. I thought the "blacks" looked good in comet today.

My grandfather WILL get High Def sky, since he has had the "top" package since 1988!

However, mum and dad are not bothered at all about Sky... they watch a few dvds... but mainly tv... and mum mainly records in 6 hour mode on a panny dvd ram recorder, which i hope they will get a HD recorder aswell!

High def wise... i might connect my dvhs player to it, but thats about it for a while...

what do you reckon???

REF Ga4... im happy with it... but the hi def footage and the "blacks" are far better on the samsung... you never really know without playing with the set (as far as i can tell no backlight control on samsung, unlike sharp...)...