1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello guy's nead a bit of help with lcd testing

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by SLIM, Dec 17, 2004.

1. SLIM

SLIM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Hi guys nead a bit of help i am getting a LG. RZ20LA70 lcd screen i think its that one anyway. :oops: And i would like to know if anyone knows of any softwear to down load to test the screen for dead pix's. Any help would be nice thanks.

2. aspender

aspender
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You don't need any software, you just need to get up close to your display.

Dead pixels are either stuck off or on, and therefore may be black, blue red or green. In order to fully determine, you'll need to ideally display an entirely white, or red and blue picture. If you have a PC linked up to your display you can do this easily with your desktop background.

If not, then something like the Digital Video Essentials DVD has test patterns of solid colour.

Be warned however that from a normal viewing distance any dead pixels you have are likely to go unnoticed. If you get close up and find any, they may bug your forever! If you are planning on using the display as a computer monitor you might care more than if it's just for TV/DVD use.

3. SLIM

SLIM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    THANKS dude its going to be only for the pc & xbox but if it dont look to hot then ill use it just for sky and dvd's.
    PS i dont play games on my PC any more i use it for backing up and looking around on the net