• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Hello gang, please help a lost newbie get started

Schirall

Standard Member
Hello,

Please forgive me. I have a basic question about computer based digital audio. It's a Revo question, however, it is so basic that both long threads, as well as 20 minutes of googling, seem to brush right over:

See, my last computer was rigged with an external "creative" sound card. It connected to the cpu through USB and I ran basic rca plugs into an old amp and connected speaker wires. (The basic old school analog setup from a computer USB.)

I now have the Acer Revo (basic model with the 1G ram, 160G hd, ATOM processor, and Nvidia ION) and honestly, I don't know where the cables go?? or what kind at that? LOL

As usual technology has passed me by. It seems like everywhere I look, including the manual, is written assuming that I know the basics, which I don't, obviously.

Anyway, I am actually pretty knowledgable when it comes to audio, just behind the times. I would very much appreciate a very quick tutorial on configuring the Revo to generate sound through my home speakers.

Thank you very much for your help! My ears are starting to hurt from these "old" headphones. lol

p.s. oh yeah, I notice I have no iGPU option in my BIOS, instead I have “UMA Frame Buffer Size”(which can only go to 256 at the time) is that correct? thanks again

Last edited:

Schirall

Standard Member
Judging by this picture it looks like you might need a mini jack to phone adapter which you would plug into the headphone socket. Does it not come with one of these as standard?

http://netbooked.net/images/uploads/reviews/aspire-revo/acer-aspire-revo-32.jpg

haha ..thanks, man
i'm not sure, but i got a million of those. I thought there was some high tech ****.
yes, the good old headphone jack.

let me ask you one more thing is that better sound than a 5year old $200 creative extigy? thanks again

Last edited by a moderator:

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom