1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello all, I need some advice

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Kiff, Aug 18, 2003.

1. Kiff

Kiff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Helloall, Ive been lurking on these boards for a few days now and I must say Im very impressed with the level of techinal expertise which you all seem to posses. As Im something of a newbie when it comes to home cinema I was hoping that you all could help me in my little quest.

As my old tv is on the way out Ive decided to purchase a new one, this has been a thusfar tortous process, I have always bought toshiba and have the excellent sd 220e player, but I want to take advantage of the component connecters at teh back of the player, to do this I had to look or a different toshiba make other than the 32z23b.

To cut a long story short I think that the importance of component sockets outweighs the 32" desire, so Ive set my sights on the 28zd26. It seems a good make, has all the connections I want, but two things trouble me, one the "noise" issue covered so well by biboo, and the fact that no where in Northren Ireland seems to stock the model I want. SO it meas Im going to have to order from the internet

So I was hoping that by paying a visit to the oracles of home cinema on this forum I might be given a beter picture(no pun intended) on this particular model. What is it like? Is the noise a problem? Where is the best place to order it form online? Ive seen the great prices on RGB, but Ive never ordered something like this online before, what are RGB like to buy from?

Oh and I have spent the past few days trying to get through the 1000+ posts topic on this tv, but I want a more up to date opinion. So please could someone give me soe advice. Please respond. :)

2. ibrox

ibrox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi;Can`t help you much with the technical side of your question but the place to buy on the net I`ve been advised is www.pricerunner.com.

The site gives a price guide and technical info on each piece of equipment and also reviews the service of the various equipment suppliers.

Hope this is of some use and I`m sure someone will pass their personal experience of the Tosh you had in mind.

P.S who are RGB?

3. Kiff

Kiff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ah Priceruner eh, well I did a quick search and found lots of different prices, however RGB seem to be the only ones that deliever to Northern Ireland.

RGB are a company online who sell electrical equipment, particularlly TVs and such, I found a very good price there, but I wanted to know if anyone had dealings with them in the past and how they would rate them.

4. Hoola

Hoola

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If I remember right, you might find RGB mentioned quite a bit on some of the other AV forums - Try the camcorders one...

5. NinjaKi11a

NinjaKi11a
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    On the other hand, get a larger chain to price match. Will post on Monday to let you know how I got on.