1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Helllllllllllllllllllppppppp !!!!

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by neal666, Jan 6, 2005.

1. neal666

neal666

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    ok the set up is:

denon 2805
    pw7 plasma
    dvd player
    ntl digi

i have a problem i have the dvd connected to the avr with a s-video cable and the ntl connected with a "scart to svideo" cable then i have the component out going to the tv. the problem is i cannot seem to get a colour pic with the svideo connection. i have tryed all sorts. if i connect the dvd via the yellow composite then out on the component then is in colour why is it when i am using svideo is it black and white (grayscale) both on the ntl and dvd???????????

help help help

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,388
    Depending on your NTL box it may not be able to output an S-Video signal. This would cause a B&W picture.
    Your DVD player may be the same, or you may just need to go into the setup menu and tell it to output an S-Video signal.

Mark.

3. neal666

neal666

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    please

4. MagicBoy

MagicBoy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    The NTL boxes I've used (Pace DiTV-1000,2000,4010 on both platforms) havn't had an s-video output option - only composite :( and RGB :D. Check the screen settings in the TV Guide. S-video splits the chrominance (colour) and luminance (brightness) signals therefore you'll get a b&w picture with it set to composite while using s-video cabling..

As mentioned above check the output settings on the DVD player are set to s-video.

5. cdb

cdb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    If you mean the scart to svideo cable, then make sure there is a svideo signal provided at the scart end in the first place.There may only be an rgb or comp video.
    I've just set up my new dvd and had this problem, I ended up having to change the picture setting (rgb or comp video, can't remember which one now :blush: )