Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Helllllllllllllllllllppppppp !!!!

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by neal666, Jan 6, 2005.

1. neal666

neal666

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    ok the set up is:

denon 2805
    pw7 plasma
    dvd player
    ntl digi

i have a problem i have the dvd connected to the avr with a s-video cable and the ntl connected with a "scart to svideo" cable then i have the component out going to the tv. the problem is i cannot seem to get a colour pic with the svideo connection. i have tryed all sorts. if i connect the dvd via the yellow composite then out on the component then is in colour why is it when i am using svideo is it black and white (grayscale) both on the ntl and dvd???????????

help help help

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,431
    Depending on your NTL box it may not be able to output an S-Video signal. This would cause a B&W picture.
    Your DVD player may be the same, or you may just need to go into the setup menu and tell it to output an S-Video signal.

Mark.

3. neal666

neal666

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    please

4. MagicBoy

MagicBoy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    The NTL boxes I've used (Pace DiTV-1000,2000,4010 on both platforms) havn't had an s-video output option - only composite :( and RGB :D. Check the screen settings in the TV Guide. S-video splits the chrominance (colour) and luminance (brightness) signals therefore you'll get a b&w picture with it set to composite while using s-video cabling..

As mentioned above check the output settings on the DVD player are set to s-video.

5. cdb

cdb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    If you mean the scart to svideo cable, then make sure there is a svideo signal provided at the scart end in the first place.There may only be an rgb or comp video.
    I've just set up my new dvd and had this problem, I ended up having to change the picture setting (rgb or comp video, can't remember which one now :blush: )