neal666

Established Member
Reaction score
ok the set up is:

denon 2805
pw7 plasma
dvd player
ntl digi

i have a problem i have the dvd connected to the avr with a s-video cable and the ntl connected with a "scart to svideo" cable then i have the component out going to the tv. the problem is i cannot seem to get a colour pic with the svideo connection. i have tryed all sorts. if i connect the dvd via the yellow composite then out on the component then is in colour why is it when i am using svideo is it black and white (grayscale) both on the ntl and dvd???????????

help help help

Depending on your NTL box it may not be able to output an S-Video signal. This would cause a B&W picture.
Your DVD player may be the same, or you may just need to go into the setup menu and tell it to output an S-Video signal.

Mark.

The NTL boxes I've used (Pace DiTV-1000,2000,4010 on both platforms) havn't had an s-video output option - only composite :( and RGB :D. Check the screen settings in the TV Guide. S-video splits the chrominance (colour) and luminance (brightness) signals therefore you'll get a b&w picture with it set to composite while using s-video cabling..

As mentioned above check the output settings on the DVD player are set to s-video.

If you mean the scart to svideo cable, then make sure there is a svideo signal provided at the scart end in the first place.There may only be an rgb or comp video.
I've just set up my new dvd and had this problem, I ended up having to change the picture setting (rgb or comp video, can't remember which one now :blush: )

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom