Established Member
Reaction score
Shipping from DVD Soon :clap:

Cheers, Paul

yep got this on friday morning
deffo improvement over the pal copy longer running time with more plot depth
not finished watching it yet but i will post a comparison this afternoon

mine still says on order!!!!
pre ordered over a month ago but is the box set with bust, anybody had there boxset yet

By box set with the ickle Hellboy was sent 3 days ago according to DVD Thunder in Canada. Hope it's here by the end of the week.
My brother ordered his box set from MovieTyme and it was dispatched end of last week as well , we've got a race on to see who's arrives first. :)

Its amazing the prices some people were charging for it when I was out on saturday, saw a few stalls selling it and they wanted between £25 and £35 for just the standard 3 disc boxset, sad thing is people were buying it for that price, felt like going upto them afterwards and letting them know they could have got it for about £10 cheaper from any number of websites.

smartiepants said:
mine still says on order!!!!
pre ordered over a month ago but is the box set with bust, anybody had there boxset yet

had mine on order for well over a month now & they have said its now discontinued this is not on :mad:
ordered it back in july but cancelled due to the price going down pre ordered again sept 13 & now it looks like i'm not getting one....the ****res
they have had my money since july :mad: :mad: :mad:

has anybody else had this e-mail from DVDsoon

Dear Sir;

Please remember that the price that is paid at the time of the order is
what guaranties your priority when the product is delivered. As the
item you have ordered was a limited release we were not able to cover
all orders with the amount Columbia alloted for us. Columbia did not
want to say how many copies they would make available for Canada so we
had no way to know how many to expect. At this time all copies have
been received and shipped so we have now marked the product as
discontinued. You will now have to cancel this order and ask for a store
credit or a refund. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Looks like money is the priority not when we ordered the greedy gits

Ouch !. That's a total pain in the a**e hearing something like that , though i'm not totally surprised it's from DVDSoon. I've that a similar e-mail to that once or twice and getting them to refund my card was a real hassle. What they prefer you to take is store credit.
If your desparate for the collectors set you could try Movietyme who had some at the end of last week at any rate. Not as cheap as DVDSoon but a lot more reliable.
Good luck.

Panic

General Panic said:
Ouch !. That's a total pain in the a**e hearing something like that , though i'm not totally surprised it's from DVDSoon. I've that a similar e-mail to that once or twice and getting them to refund my card was a real hassle. What they prefer you to take is store credit.
If your desparate for the collectors set you could try Movietyme who had some at the end of last week at any rate. Not as cheap as DVDSoon but a lot more reliable.
Good luck.

Panic

there lose really as now I will look to buy DVDs elsewhere if thats what they think of there customers I will think twice before ordering
for future reference is it safe to use DVDpacific now after all the alleged problems, I know they haven't got any of these sets left as I have had a look

DVDpacific is one company i've never tried after all the bad press they seemed to have gotton over the years.
MovieTyme , DVD Thunder and occasionally PlayUSA are my R1 dealers of choice.

Just got my box set from the postie in turn from DVD Thunder in Canada. Postie just handed it over with no request for customs fees or VAT. Does this mean i've gotten away with no fee or may i get a bill from someone in due course?
Forgive my ignorrance but i don't usually order expensive dvd's from abroad.

Cheers

Im not 100% sure but I think if there is anything to pay the postie will want it before he hands it over but delivery companies like DHL will give you the item now but you may get a payment request through the post, might be wrong but sure someone will post the facts.

General Panic said:
Just got my box set from the postie in turn from DVD Thunder in Canada. Postie just handed it over with no request for customs fees or VAT. Does this mean i've gotten away with no fee or may i get a bill from someone in due course?
Forgive my ignorrance but i don't usually order expensive dvd's from abroad.

Cheers

can't find web site for DVD thunder anyone help please
I've done a google search with no results :lease:

Thanks Indiana i was hoping that was the case. Just finished watching the film and it's brill. The statue is class in a glass and the 3 discs are stuffed full of Hellboy badness :)

Smartipants heres the link for Thunderdvd , my fault for calling them Dvd Thunder earlier ,sorry :blush:
http://www.thunderdvd.com/

Cheers
Panic

Smartipants. I've checked the Thunder web site and maybe suggest you check else where. A week ago i paid $41 plus $4 (Canadian $)shipping and they've jacked the price upto $59 canadian plus it say $28 for postage due to the weight :eek:
Good luck with what ever you do.

Panic

smartiepants said:
has anybody else had this e-mail from DVDsoon

Dear Sir;

Please remember that the price that is paid at the time of the order is
what guaranties your priority when the product is delivered. As the
item you have ordered was a limited release we were not able to cover
all orders with the amount Columbia alloted for us. Columbia did not
want to say how many copies they would make available for Canada so we
had no way to know how many to expect. At this time all copies have
been received and shipped so we have now marked the product as
discontinued. You will now have to cancel this order and ask for a store
credit or a refund. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Looks like money is the priority not when we ordered the greedy gits

at least you had the email. there are quite a lot of people who dont seem to recieve dvdnevers update emails, although we recieve the thanks for your order and dispatch notices. I've had a winge at veronique on dvdswaps but she's just spouts the part line. its not her fault but frustrating none the less.

I've had 4 orders go this way recently and although a devout dvdsoon fan the accolade is begining to tarnish (again!)

thankfully I managed to get in at amazon after I 'noticed' the item had discontinued

General Panic said:
Thanks Indiana i was hoping that was the case. Just finished watching the film and it's brill. The statue is class in a glass and the 3 discs are stuffed full of Hellboy badness :)

Smartipants heres the link for Thunderdvd , my fault for calling them Dvd Thunder earlier ,sorry :blush:
http://www.thunderdvd.com/

Cheers
Panic

thanks for that I will add them to my list
in the end I have ended up getting the 3 disc cut without the bust
It was doing my head in with all the chasing around, I wasn't prepaired to spend over £30 with a chance of getting caught by customs
got it for under £13 from DVDimport in the end
thanks to you all
Just got to get my money back from DVDnever!

is there anywhere that has a good comaparason of the SE and the DC?
i have already shelled out for the SE and i was wondering if i really needed to get this.

Thanks
KYUSS

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom