• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Hellboy Blu Ray - region b

antsims

Distinguished Member
Hi all

Watched the Blu Ray region b copy of Hellboy recently after having it for Christmas and thought it was the directors cut. However i did not notice anything different from the original SD release?

Is it the Directors Cut, or is that just the region A?

Many thanks

Urien Rheged

Distinguished Member
Can I just confirm this please. So the US version of Hellboy is the Director's Cut but the UK version isn't and is just the original cut?

Is there a big difference between both cuts?

Markoos

Established Member
UK version is definitely the directors cut (132 minutes), but the new material is nothing really of note. It just fleshes out the relationship between the young agent and Liz a bit.

Urien Rheged

Distinguished Member

AntBanks

Prominent Member
I've found it here:
http://www.sendit.com/dvd/item/7001000131847
and it says it's 125 minutes?

I think Kev is right about the speeding up during the pal transfer

The UK Hellboy is the Directors cut though

Just took this from dvd compare

* Bluray ALL DC America - (Sony Pictures Home Entertainment) - No cuts. "Director's Cut"
* Bluray ALL DC France - (Sony Pictures Home Entertainment) - No Cuts - Director's Cut
* Bluray ALL DC Germany - (Sony Pictures Home Entertainment) - No Cuts - Director's Cut
* Bluray ALL DC United Kingdom - (Sony Pictures Home Entertainment) - No Cuts - Director's Cut

Urien Rheged

Distinguished Member
Thanks for that KevD and cascade :)
Does anyone recommend the Blu-Ray version? I have the SD version already, is it well worth the double dip?

*Also any sendit discount/voucher codes available currently?

AntBanks

Prominent Member
Thanks for that :)
Does anyone recommend the Blu-Ray version? I have the SD version already, is it well worth the double dip?

Definately mate, the disc has had some very good reviews. i have triple dipped this one buying the original and then the 3 disc. i was wary before i got it but once seeing it you won't be dissapointed. Picture is superb, Sound is awesome and very bassy. Go for it

philbam

Established Member
I 'triple dipped' too - 100% worth it though as the Blu ray is absolutely superb, both on the visual and sound fronts.

Urien Rheged

Distinguished Member
I finally took the plunge and bought this.
There is a lot of 'grain' in a lot of the backgrounds? Did anyone else find this, I presume it's intentional?

Crovon

Distinguished Member
Yeh I noticed this on my copy too. Im sure its intentional. Cant say I noticed it too much when I watched the whole film though. Cracking bluray, Im well chuffed with mine - roll on the Golden Army!

BlackCountryBob

Established Member
Many apologies to be straying mildly off topic but I loved the Hellboy movie and would love the BluRay.

I just wanted to ask if it is worth it. With the new BD profiles and the soon to be released Hellboy 2, should I be worried about the possibility of it being double dipped or is this release gonna be the only version released. I am already on my 2nd copy of the movie (2 disk DVD and then 3 disk DC) so buying the BD would be a 3rd copy and I would be mighty pee'd off if a 4th edition came out that is much better featured.

Speculation or your best guess will do, I just want a little advice to put my mind at ease.

Urien Rheged

Distinguished Member
Many apologies to be straying mildly off topic but I loved the Hellboy movie and would love the BluRay.

I just wanted to ask if it is worth it. With the new BD profiles and the soon to be released Hellboy 2, should I be worried about the possibility of it being double dipped or is this release gonna be the only version released. I am already on my 2nd copy of the movie (2 disk DVD and then 3 disk DC) so buying the BD would be a 3rd copy and I would be mighty pee'd off if a 4th edition came out that is much better featured.

Speculation or your best guess will do, I just want a little advice to put my mind at ease.

I got my Blu Ray copy from The Hut in their 3 for 2 deal so it only cost me £8.62 delivered. For that price (price of a few pints of beer) I thought it was well worth it.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom