Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

hellboy advertised

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by manny, Jul 29, 2004.

1. manny

manny
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    i just came back from holiday to find my copy of hellboy r1 waiting for me, i opened up the packaging and was astounded to find the most blatant piece of "let's rip of the consumer" advertising i've ever come across. in the case of hellboy:s.e. is an advert for the dvd of hellboy the director's cut! urging us to buy it, " you've started your hellboy collection, now continue it !" $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!!!!!!!!!!!!! :suicide:

2. Marc

Marc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,101
    lol, nice. that's taking it to a whole new level.. next there'll be ads inside a 1 disc edition about the 2 disc edition...

3. the_pauley

the_pauley
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +198
    You know I'd not even looked at the booklet in mine. That really is taking the p**s! :thumbsdow

Mine was on the way when I discovered a 3 discer was coming in November. Not too worried though. The 2 disc set is so extras heavy, here's hoping that it will be worth keeping for the extras alone. If they duplicate them on the 3 disc set, then I can easily get the tenner I paid for it by flogging it while it's a hot item at the cinema in September.

Rather enjoyed the movie too. Pleasantly surprised (I expect nothing much these days, especially from Hollywood action flicks) in that it wasn't a mindless CGI fest. Ron Perlman, in particular, was very good in the part of Hellboy.

Nice to see Del Toro give as much time to exploring the characters as he did to the action. Result - we got involved and gave a toss what happened to them. Easy, ain't it?

Stephen Sommers take note...

Looking forward to the extended cut! :smashin:

4. anephric

anephric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +147
    Yep, I thought it was great too: I don't think it needs any blood and guts (as the majority of people are hoping for from the "Director's Cut").

Just from the tone and choice of profanity ("Crap!") I think this was always aimed at PG-13.

And very good it is too. Well worth a purchase.

5. dtsfan

dtsfan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    To be fair on CTHE they did always state that there WOULD be a directors cut in november, there was NO conspiracy theory on there or Guillermos part.Also it would be worthwhile purchasing it for the statue alone.I for one cannot wait.I actually bought 2 copies, 1 for me and 1 for my nephew who is a big HellBoy fan for his 8th birthday.Just to see the look on his face when he unwrapped it was worth the purchase price as barclaycard say "PRICELESS"

6. the_pauley

the_pauley
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +198
    What statue is that?

7. dtsfan

dtsfan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The directors cut will be available as a gift set complete with weta sideshow ploystone bust as seen on www.sideshowcollectables.com sweet :smashin: