Hellblade

JAy3001

Anyone been tempted by Hellblade? I've had my eye on this for a while and dropped it on release day.

Got to say it is very good. GFX and sound are lovely with captivating gameplay; but by hell the combat is BRUTAL!! Soo very good, when combat goes well you really do feel relief, but when it goes bad just wow.. I would recommend the pro controller for this game as I've had the joycons release a few times mid combat!! :devil::eek:

I have only 1 complaint, the intro seemed to be a bit laggy at times. This also sometimes happens on other cut scenes, which I don't fully understand as there is no actual lag in game, even when you are in full combat! Weird, especially so when the cut scenes are just in game scripted elements.

Qactuar

Anyone been tempted by Hellblade? I've had my eye on this for a while and dropped it on release day.

Got to say it is very good. GFX and sound are lovely with captivating gameplay; but by hell the combat is BRUTAL!! Soo very good, when combat goes well you really do feel relief, but when it goes bad just wow.. I would recommend the pro controller for this game as I've had the joycons release a few times mid combat!! :devil::eek:

I have only 1 complaint, the intro seemed to be a bit laggy at times. This also sometimes happens on other cut scenes, which I don't fully understand as there is no actual lag in game, even when you are in full combat! Weird, especially so when the cut scenes are just in game scripted elements.
The cut scenes are all pre rendered if I read correctly!

JAy3001

They do not come across as such as they blend in perfectly with the gameplay. But I guess they are with the support of Bink Video; it would figure.

So hopefully it's a performance issue with video playback that can be addressed with an update.

Qactuar

They do not come across as such as they blend in perfectly with the gameplay. But I guess they are with the support of Bink Video; it would figure.

So hopefully it's a performance issue with video playback that can be addressed with an update.
Yeah they are designed to be seamless. I think digital foundry mentioned it.

Wattsy 75

Gotta say not living this game. Was hoping for it to be a worthy successor to Heavenly sword thst I had on ps3

Hraphics are OK but puzzles are unclear and combat is poor, in my opinion.

Early days...hope it improves

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom