Helios X3000 or X5000

Google them and you will find a raft of problems including on here and poor reviews I'd consider something else.

Check out the more modern Dune players which are network media players and DVD/BD players.

Google them and you will find a raft of problems including on here and poor reviews I'd consider something else.

Check out the more modern Dune players which are network media players and DVD/BD players.

Thanks for taking the time and trouble to reply. The Dune players look great - sadly recent redundancy controls purse strings :(

However, there are others that struggle to afford day-to-day living so onwards and upwards!

Many thanks

Some of the more cheaper network media players can also play retail DVD's though strangely some DVD drives work better than others, for instance when I had the AC Ryan PlayOn HD media player it was able to play DVD's normally with the Xbox 360 HD-DVD USB drive plugged into it but when I plugged into another generic PC USB DVD drive it couldn't.

Why the difference I dont know but I'd ask in the Asus O!Play thread or forums (Or Ac Ryan) if anyone else has had success with a cheap USB DVD drive and the player.

I purchased a x5000 from the forums a couple of months back, if sound is your main priority I think they are worth buying secondhand plus it's fairly good on video, but not up to the standards of a modern media player. If video is your main priority I would look for a more modern player.

next010, they Dune players look great, pity about the price :)

I purchased a x5000 from the forums a couple of months back, if sound is your main priority I think they are worth buying secondhand plus it's fairly good on video, but not up to the standards of a modern media player. If video is your main priority I would look for a more modern player.

That the trouble - can't find them for sale anywhere. There was one on ebay but Goofbay screwed up on my bid which would have won the deal!!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom