Dismiss Notice
We're migrating the forum software to the next major version and this will require the site to be down for the best part of Monday 16th.
More details here. Apologies for the inconvenience.

hel with 37wlt58

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by dazzafact, Nov 6, 2005.

Tags:
  1. dazzafact

dazzafact

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    evening all!! i have finally plunged into the depths of expensive tv's and boug the tosh, it arrives next week!! Woo hoo, finally after 2 months deciding!! Ive also just bought the samsung hd950 as probably a stop gap dvd player til the hd ones establish themselves. ( I dont want to get a betamax) My problem is sky. My current tv is an integrated sky thingy mejiggy so i i dont have a set top box. Can anyone advise a good quality one(I'm presuming that they are of different qualities!!) I'm kinda stuck on this one; should i just get a normal digi box or should i fork out for sky+. And if i do get sky plus, do you think they would free upgrade me to a hd sky+? Please can someone 'elp, as i'm nervous that i'm gonna get my spanking tv, and have no source to watch out!! :lease: :lease: :lease:
    Ta

2. dazzafact

dazzafact

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    It was help with, not to hel with, but if its got your attention then :thumbsup:

3. dazzafact

dazzafact

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    pleeeeeeeeeeeese!!!!

4. neilmcl

neilmcl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +292
    How come you've no longer got a digibox? It may be worth giving Sky a ring to supply you with a new one.

5. RockySpieler

RockySpieler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +115
    Depends how patient you are, see this thread regarding SkyHD, it is a new HD sky+ box costing £200 to £400 released Feb-Jun-06 (no firm details).

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=259706&highlight=skyhd

So I would not buy a Sky+ box yet, I would wait for SkyHD + box.

In the short term you can pick up a second Sky box on fleabay for £30 ish. It may be worth phoning sky, they may give you a box free (if you are very lucky, might catch them feeling generous).

I did not realise you could get integrated sky TV's, you learn something new every day, I just can't remember it these days!

You could move the integrated TV to another room, clone your skyCard and then use it in the new second hand box.

6. richard plumb

richard plumb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,064
    Rocky, curious why you wouldn't get a sky+ now. I've just chosen to upgrade to sky+ instead of paying £65 to repair my current box. Although I will start a new 12 month contract, I was told It wouldn't affect my ability to upgrade to skyHD as and when its launched.

7. dazzafact

dazzafact

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    That was what i was concerned with, whether i could free upgrade to hd as i would be paying now for sky plus!!

My tv is six years old and was built when sky digital was in its infancy!! Great picture with sky aswell! bestest i've seen!!
    I'm a bit concerned that a s/h or even new box is gonna lessen in quality. Is this likely?

My tv comes on thurs, ive just found out that my sammie hd950 is out of stock, even though their site said it was :thumbsdow , so i am now buggered for source material!!!

And how the hell do you clone your sky card? And can i do that with my wifes credit card? :eek: