Heir Audio Rendition 1 portable amplifier - Appreciation and discussion thread

putente

Standard Member
So, I've just ordered a black Rendition 1 amp from Heir Audio. Should getting it soon, as it will be shipped from Heir UK office. I went for the black carbon on black body model!

Here's the product page: Rendition 1

I started this thread as I'm not the only one here with this amp, but I intend to compare it to my favourite portable amp atm, the iBasso P4, that features a custom opamp setup. Since the R1 also allows opamp rolling, I'll be experimenting with that too and see how it's sound changes!

Anyway, if anyone as more impressions and/or ideas to share about the R1, please do...

FredBare

I've had a reasonable listen to the R1, initial impressions are that it's neutral in delivery and has a impressive soundstage... it doesn't pair to well with the Sony as it's like having two neutrals battling it out which makes it sound a bit too lively to my ears, neutral lovers will love it when paired with alternative sources.

I'm expecting a big improvement when I get a DAC as I'm not doing this amp the justice it deserves.

noisemaker

Novice Member
I'd be interested on knowing how capable is this portable with headphones that need lots of current.

Ah, sorry i can't find the specs?

putente

Standard Member
It's also known that the R1 perfectly drives the Heir Audio Tzar 350 IEM (rated at 350Ohm) and Sennheiser HD650 headphones (rated at 300 Ohm)...

bertha

Hi there - be interesting to know what your thoughts are on the R1 please after a bit of play time? In particular if you have had the chance to try it with the Heir 5.0s - thanks for any feedback

Berth

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips TV Launch Event, Soundbar vs AVR, Samsung EzCAL and more...
Top Bottom