Height speakers

a rix

Standard Member
Reaction score
So I have everything else sorted speaker wise and was looking at height speakers front and rear I was recommended the monitor audio mass satellite speakers however I feel I could possibly do better the amp is a yamaha rx a6a not a massive budget and would have to be Wall mounted the space above the door frames to the ceiling is 200 mm which is were they would have to be mounted at the fronts

Dali Alteco are versatile as they can be mounted upside down, sideways or long ways and come is a choice of colours.

The MA Mass are fairly inefficient.

Dali Alteco are versatile as they can be mounted upside down, sideways or long ways and come is a choice of colours.

The MA Mass are fairly inefficient.

Dali alteco are as well 83db

Thats pretty bad he need lots of power mine are 86db

Maybe look into klispch Atmos?

I hadn't considered mounting sideways would this still work as not facing downwards

I'd only do that if you buy coaxial speakers like kef q or tannoy

This is the space they have to fit into

Attachments

• 20230326_090311.jpg
    20230326_090311.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 82
You could have lintels there and you don't want to drill into them

This is the space they have to fit into
Given the space. Perhaps a pair of Cornered Audio speakers, might fit the bill. These come in different sizes and can be mounted both horizontally and or vertically. Here's a link to AV.com for them: (@ShanePJ Can you give any more info)

The mass satellites are 80db...twice as bad considering the extra 3db is twice as loud
The mass satellites are 80db...twice as bad considering the extra 3db is twice as loud
It is NOT twice as loud, it only takes more power (or plays 80 db at 1 watt vs the other at 1/2 watt). Efficiency is normally NOT an issue since the amps typically have enough output to drive any of those tiny speakers to its limit. If you want to compare LOUD, you need to find tests that check the SPL at a certain distortion level. Not that common for main speakers, but useless info for height speakers (there is literally nothing coming out of those speakers, so needing 5 Watt or 20 Watt to reach the desired SPL for a height speaker is irrelevant).

Have you considered Focal dome flax? That's what I'm planning for mine.

Monitor Audio Bronze AMS. Can get them in white as well

Ive used Jamo as front presence, and they work well.
Have a look at the range. They can be mounted in either direction.

I have Yamaha RX- A3080 in a 5.2.4 configuration. I have Klipsch RP8000F for the fronts, and Klipsch 504C for the center and Micca M-8C for the surround and heights. Very happy with the results. Micca are very efficent, unknown brand that are very good speakers at an unbeatable price. I got them at Amazon 3 years ago and sitll going strong. Highly recommend. I found them much better than Klipsch in-wall speakers which I found to be too bright.

Here is the link: Amazon product ASIN B002YPS6T6
  • SPECIFICATIONS - Frequency Response: 40Hz-20kHz; Impedance: 8 Ohms; Sensitivity: 90dB 1W/1M; Power Handling: 100 Watts (Each); Outer Dimension: 10.7” Diameter; Cutout Dimension: 9.4” Diameter; Mounting Depth: 3.5”

Thanks for all the advice guys but in order to keep wife happy which is really important I've gone with the monitor audio mass satellite as they "fit in with our living room" just hope they turn out ok iam installing it all this weekend wish me luck

Thanks for all the advice guys but in order to keep wife happy which is really important I've gone with the monitor audio mass satellite as they "fit in with our living room" just hope they turn out ok iam installing it all this weekend wish me luck

Not too small. And very hard to drive
Can you fit kef q85s?

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Have you considered the angles from main listening position when choosing to place the speakers rather than place them anywhere and taking a guess ?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom