Height of Bi-polar speakers please.

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by pavlos, Mar 23, 2001.

1. pavlos

pavlos
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2

Hey guys,I was told that that Bi-polar speakers should be plaaced on the side walls at approximately height of 2 meters, however the only way to be able to put my speakers at the side walls will be at a height of 2.50m, will be that ok or will it have adverse effects on the surround sound.

Thanks in advance

pavlos

2. TobyAnscombe

TobyAnscombe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    I would put them 2-3 foot above your ears, well away from the back wall so the soound has a chance to spread out not bounce back off the wall. At 2.5 meters above your head the sound will be too high up and the focal point will be nowhere near your ears.

3. MacReady

MacReady

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Some bi pole speakers are designed so that they can sit up high and even butt up against the cieling (Mission do this with their bi poles which can be mounted upside down to do this).

I have mine around 3 1/2 feet up the wall either side of the listening positions and they sound great.

Bi poles are more forgiving in the positioning on the wall where as Di poles are not.

------------------
    "Why don't we wait here a while...see what happens..."
    The member formaly known as Jason