1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Heeellllpppp - LG PX11 showing black and white

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by lawrenso, Mar 23, 2005.

1. lawrenso

lawrenso
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    Finally got my PX11 connected up last night, however, the video player (S-VHS Panasonic) is only displaying black and white pictures now, irrelevant of what Scart Socket I am connected too.

Now this may be because the Video player may be outputting S-VHS - but can I set a scart to accept S-VHS???

Or could be a problem with the signal levels??? however I think the first is more likely.

Any help/pointers would be greatly appreciated as my nipper is throwing a fit that he can't watch Bob the Builder in black and white

Cheers

Lawrenso :confused:

2. John_N

John_N

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

It sounds like the scart socket is not accepting the S-video signal. This signal consists of a luminance signal and a chroma signal for the colour. You are seeing the luminance as a B/W picture.

I'm not familiar with the LG set but if you have a dedicated S-video input then you could use that with a suitable cable.
    Otherwise check you are using a fully wired scart cable - some cheap cables have wires missing from the cable which might give this sort of result.

3. mannyo

mannyo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    2 connections on the LG accept an svideo connection,

Scart 1 (AV1) is RGB and S-Video, the other is the dedicated svideo connection on AV4 by the component input.

4. lawrenso

lawrenso
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    Hi Mannyo,

I have tried it into AV1 as well with no change and loathe to go to a pure SVHS as will loose the auto switching. I will have to get the manual for the Panny Video to make sure that there is nothing that can be changed there (did manage to get colour for a minute after playing about in menu, but then it went back to black and white, once I had gone back to work)

Thanks

Lawrenso