• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Heavy hitting bass in....Gran Turismo 5!

sammy the squid

Distinguished Member
Wasnt sure wether to put this up or not..but installed the game last night, put the audio to 7.1 out and a bit off emphasism on the sound effects. My god:eek: driving a ferrarri f40 (i say driving:D) around one of the more basic tracks, i can only describe the bass upon vehicular impact as deep and thunderous! The wife was upstairs and came down to notify me that it sounded like a cross between a huge crash/shotgun being discharged!! To be fair i wasnt even playing it that loud either-with the sub running just a couple of db's hotter than the calibrated 7 main speakers. Looks like they've nailed the sound then:)

Member 639844

Former Advertiser
Why exactly wasnt I invited to this :D

There are a few good games for bass, you should try battlefield bad company 2, that has an awesome soundtrack.

sammy the squid

Distinguished Member
you have a nice sub to back up your rumble sammy :)

im sure even if i had my humble ma rsw12, gt5 would have been squeezing some heavy duty bass out of it! I think the fact that its a driving game, it wasnt really expected:thumbsup:

sammy the squid

Distinguished Member

There are a few good games for bass, you should try battlefield bad company 2, that has an awesome soundtrack.

because it was 11.40pm! The server for the game was down and it took over an hour to install! Modern warfare2 has some juicy bits, but i think, as ive said above, i wasnt really expecting this level of bass from a driving game. Really hits home the impact though-ive been in a few real life bumps myself:devil:

namuk

Distinguished Member

Try the Pc version :) this on war tapes mode is class , like other games even have to limit the Lfe , House shaker :cool:

Lowe

I'm really unimpressed with the GT5 sound, the low end is horrifically overblown. :(

Stinger69

I'm really unimpressed with the GT5 sound, the low end is horrifically overblown. :(
Agreed. The collision sound is like a wrecking ball hitting a kettle drum!
Love the game though.

Andy.

micb3rd

I found adding a sports exhaust makes a good diference to the cars sound.

Your correct the collision sound is cheesy I actually alaughted out loud the first time I head it. I havent tried the game on my bigger system upstairs but will have to do so now.

NB : I hope you guys have a wheel like a Logitech G25 as it makes all the difference to the fun of the game.

I found adding a sports exhaust makes a good diference to the cars sound.

NB : I hope you guys have a wheel like a Logitech G25 as it makes all the difference to the fun of the game.

Tried your suggestion last night, it does make a huge difference: sounds like a different car. :smashin:

Been a pad user for as long as i can remember, due to GT5 i have jumped on the "wheel" bandwagon. Looking forward to the added experience when i finally arrives.

Sid

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom