Heavenly Sword: Pre-orders and deliveries

Pebb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With this game out next week on Friday the 14th of September, it is time to get the ball rolling for deliveries of this game.

Suppose we should start off with where's the cheapest place to order from (US & UK).

Any advances on £32.99 - play.com?

£15 courtesy of my friend at SONY (same price I paid for Ridge Racer, Motorstorm and RFOM incidentally)... :thumbsup:

Hehe.

Back of the net...

It is getting even closer now, just 5 days until it comes out in the high street stores. However, I still reckon I will get it either on Thursday, which is a good 4 days.

It is getting even closer now, just 5 days until it comes out in the high street stores. However, I still reckon I will get it either on Thursday, which is a good 4 days.

I pre-ordered mine from gameplay and with their first class post they pretty much have them despatched for the Thursday.. every game i have got from them has arrived on that day. :thumbsup:

I pre-ordered mine from gameplay and with their first class post they pretty much have them despatched for the Thursday.. every game i have got from them has arrived on that day. :thumbsup:

Same with Game! :D

I have temporary cancelled my pre-order due to me forgetting to cancel something else, but I still be putting my pre-order back in come Thursday.

My order with Game's now moved to being processed. :thumbsup:

I expect it'll be delivered Thursday, unless they send me Tiger Woods by mistake... :rolleyes:

People were saying The Darkness was too short too. It lasted me 2 weeks. I expect Heavenly Sword to be the same. It all depends on how you play your games. I tend to play offline games in short doses, about half an hour a day so even a 7 hour game lasts me 2 weeks. Online games I can play 5 hours per day.

I think it's unfair to judge games by their length. Is an 80 minute film necessarily worse than a 3 hour one? In most cases it's the other way around, for me at least.

People were saying The Darkness was too short too. It lasted me 2 weeks. I expect Heavenly Sword to be the same. It all depends on how you play your games. I tend to play offline games in short doses, about half an hour a day so even a 7 hour game lasts me 2 weeks. Online games I can play 5 hours per day.

I think it's unfair to judge games by their length. Is an 80 minute film necessarily worse than a 3 hour one? In most cases it's the other way around, for me at least.

I don't get too much time to play games these days so a game I can dip into here and there for short bursts is ideal. If that game is too long then I lose interest as I know it will take me forever to finish it with my available playtime.

I also suck at games atm, well out of practice, so what would take a reviewer 7 hours to complete because thats what he does all day would probably take me at least twice as long

I see what your saying but you really cant make the film comparison!
You pay generally the same price for buying a dvd or going the cinema. Whereas some people may feel £40 for 7 hours of play isnt good value compared to a game from the same genre with 15 hours!

I will probably rent this game or pick it up after its been out for a while at a reduced price. I can see a lot for sale in the classifieds over the next couple of mths!

I see what your saying but you really cant make the film comparison!
You pay generally the same price for buying a dvd or going the cinema. Whereas some people may feel £40 for 7 hours of play isnt good value compared to a game from the same genre with 15 hours!

I will probably rent this game or pick it up after its been out for a while at a reduced price. I can see a lot for sale in the classifieds over the next couple of mths!

i think you can make that comparisson with films. you pay the same price for two films, ones 2 hours, ones 90 mins, you wouldnt decide the value of your purchase by the running time!

i dont usually base my purchases on running times for films or games. this looks like a fun solid action adventure. which is why im looking forward to it arriving tomorrow after getting the "shipped" email from shopto!

well my copy was sent first thing this morning next day delivery, so i should be playing it tomor night,for me loved the demo, and as far as reviews go only minus thing seemed to be it was to short, which for me dont think it will bother me, i prefer games shorter than longer, dont have time to play these games with 20+ hrs to them. bytime ive finished work and seen my daughter etc normally only get to play ps3 couple of times a week for 2-3hrs a time.

i think you can make that comparisson with films. you pay the same price for two films, ones 2 hours, ones 90 mins, you wouldnt decide the value of your purchase by the running time!

i dont usually base my purchases on running times for films or games. this looks like a fun solid action adventure. which is why im looking forward to it arriving tomorrow after getting the "shipped" email from shopto!

Yeh i do see your point actually!
Thinking about it i dont really have loads of gaming time anyway myself. Maybe a couple of hours at a time around 2-3 times a week so it might be worth a punt!

Thats the main reason im not splashing out for this title. Even tho i love the demo and want to buy it. Ive heard a few reviews say its too short so it will be a weekend rental for me!
6-7 hours entertainment for £30-40. Sounds fair to me...

I mean, I tend to look at buying games this way. How long would £40 last me on a night out or in a pub. It's a lot less than 6-7 hours and I'd have more to show for it the next day other than a hangover...

So if I'm willing to **** away £40 on a night out, it's got to make sense to splash the same cash on something that will last longer and I can keep forever...

well just recieved my copy through the post, havnt had time to play any of the levels yet, as got to tidy house then pick my daughter up for day, so wont be able to play it till tonight, i did do initial load cause the games saves a 2.1gb file to yr hard drive if u like it or not. think im gonna have to order a big hard drive before all the games i want come out in next couple of months. :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom