Heating renewal, which would you choose?

DOLGOCH

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have just had my renewal quote from my energy supplier which is due on the 7th April as follows, which would you choose?

1 year fixed at £131.00 per month. Electricity unit rate: 32.87p/kWh Standing charge: 52.47p/day. Gas unit rate: 9.10p/kWh Standing charge:27.52p/day.

Variable at £74.00 per month.
Electricity Unit rate: 21.60p/kWh Standing charge: 25.66p/day. Gas Unit rate: 4.19p/kWh Standing charge: 26.11p/day.

Thanks for any advice.

Variable offer: that's likely to be the current CAP rates from your Supplier and they will rise by circa 54% overall on 1st April...

The suppliers are yet to publish those April 22 CAP rates. So do some guesswork or head over the the Moneysaving Expert forum (Energy) where someone has done a table with best endeavours 'guesstimates' that you might use...

Variable offer: that's likely to be the current CAP rates from your Supplier and they will rise by circa 54% overall on 1st April...

The suppliers are yet to publish those April 22 CAP rates. So do some guesswork or head over the the Moneysaving Expert forum (Energy) where someone has done a table with best endeavours 'guesstimates' that you might use...

That’s a very useful table 👍🏻

Do you know how many units a month you use ?

Btw, cap could (will) go up again later in the year.

who are you with mine is set to go from £131 to £235!

just had mine from EDF was paying £116/month
£190 a month
(or £2,280 a year)
Fix Total Service Feb24v5
  • Protect against future price rises with fixed rates until 29 February 2024
  • Contact us via our call centre, LiveChat, WhatsApp or SMS – all at no extra cost
  • Choose how to pay
  • £100 exit fee per fuel

£173 a month
(or £2,074 a year)
Standard (Variable) / Deemed
^​
  • Rates can go up and down in line with Ofgem cap^^
  • Contact us via our call centre, LiveChat, WhatsApp or SMS – all at no extra cost
  • Choose how to pay
  • Flexibility – No exit fees, no end date

Electricity
Fix Total Service Feb24v5​
Standard (Variable)^​
Standing charge
(pence per day)
43.39p​
43.39p​
Unit rate
(pence per kWh)
31.07p​
28.46p​

Gas
Fix Total Service Feb24v5​
Standard (Variable)^​
Standing charge
(pence per day)
27.22p​
27.22p​
Unit rate
(pence per kWh)
8.561p​
7.480p​
All prices are inclusive of VAT charged at 5% and rounded. Prices on your bill are shown without VAT.​

Last edited:
Nope, France invested in nuclear energy so aren't reliant on fossil fuels and Russian gas for electricity generation.
EDF .....

The company lost a fifth of its market value on Friday after the French government set out plans to cap rising energy bills, which include forcing EDF to sell electricity generated by its fleet of nuclear reactors to rival home suppliers at well below the current record high market prices..

Just as the price of renewable electricity is set by a market comprising gas-gnerated electricity so for nuclear too.

Nope, France invested in nuclear energy so aren't reliant on fossil fuels and Russian gas for electricity generation.
Also you will find that France has an election coming up so keeping prices artificially low has political advantage as well.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom