Heathrow and environs

Gordon @ Convergent AV

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Last Sunday morning Tobers, myself and a couple of other friends decided to challenge ourselves to shooting at and around heathrow from dawn (5.30am). Tobers set the boundary lines of where we could go around heathrow and we met up on a layby of A3 at 4.30am to discuss plan. By 9.30 we were all in a MaccieD's on A4 and already pretty exhausted....Anyway, I'll post up ore shots as I make them live but here are a few to start. Mine are all shot and processed in iPhone....

image 4 is a little comic I created in phone. I wanted to take some pictures of the new inter-terminal unmanned trains. The warning sign on the fence just made me laugh as the trains looked like cute little animals.

5 and 6 are taken in and around some abandoned houses that look like they are compulsory purchased when T5 was created. They are directly in line with one of the runways where planes were taking off from and the noise went from loud to deafening.

1: welcome to terminal5
5686614684_96867c7541.jpg

2: home at last
5689968402_4ea8eeec81_z.jpg

3: duck
5689394839_438865dd3a_z.jpg

4: the singularity
5681878682_e2cc68f2e9_z.jpg

5: this room is my comfort and shelter
5689967186_f6689f671a_z.jpg

6: in pane
5689967832_209783fa39_z.jpg

7: curves above
5689317519_1a48dcb9bb_z.jpg

Last edited:

Simon3119

Gordon. Nice set. Really like #6.

Raj

I agree.I think those little purple cars are for getting from T5 to the business car parks.

shotokan101

Banned
Nice set - 7 and 5 for me Gordon :smashin:

Jim

shotokan101

Banned
Love the processing on these Gordon - 10 looks a bit tight on the left though.

Jim

andyUK101

Love the shots - no 6 especially, but also 10 - not quite sure why but i kept going back to it

If you go to Heathrow again there is a great spot on the approach road to T5 short stay - a little layby where you are almost directly opposite the planes coming in to land

Often fancied getting down there early and snapping a few shots

Also the pods are for people to get from business parking to T5

keefysher

Nice shots Gordon.

The T5 Business car park to terminal shuttle is ULTra - ULTra at London Heathrow Airport

I took part in the approval trials a while ago. Simple concept stuffed up by techies fiddling with software. Why not KISS and not constantly update software that is not S95 compliant. Spent a few hours drinking coffee in T5 whilst the children installed updates that took out the whole CCTV system of the airport :oops:

Due to the stupid over regulation here, this system has to battle with train regulations :devil: Hence why it has taken so long to deliver. The principles are sound and are operational elsewhere in the world.

The ride under the end of the runway is unique for plane spotting. The climb up to T5 between the roads that the busses travel is impressive if you look back from the terminal, very 'Blade Runner' like.

Gordon @ Convergent AV

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Nice shots Gordon.

The T5 Business car park to terminal shuttle is ULTra - ULTra at London Heathrow Airport

I took part in the approval trials a while ago. Simple concept stuffed up by techies fiddling with software. Why not KISS and not constantly update software that is not S95 compliant. Spent a few hours drinking coffee in T5 whilst the children installed updates that took out the whole CCTV system of the airport :oops:

Due to the stupid over regulation here, this system has to battle with train regulations :devil: Hence why it has taken so long to deliver. The principles are sound and are operational elsewhere in the world.

The ride under the end of the runway is unique for plane spotting. The climb up to T5 between the roads that the busses travel is impressive if you look back from the terminal, very 'Blade Runner' like.

When I went to try to get a ride no-one was around and it was all blocked off (7.00am ish on a sunday morning). One of my friends who was on the photo challenge with me went late morning and managed to sweet talk them in to letting her go for a ride on the thing...it does look cool

plloydie

Rather like #6 i don't know why it's not the sort of shot i'd consider taking, also #9 reminds me of my childhood, we lived in a large house divided into 3 living areas as the other tenants moved out over time the landlord didn't put anybody else in the rooms, with no heating and time they soon began to look like this shot

Last edited:

shotokan101

Banned
Nice - I especially like 11 Gordon

Jim

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom