• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Heated inner m/c gloves for mobility scooter

dmpzsn

Distinguished Member
One for the motor cyclists on the forum.

I need some heated gloves for my mobility scooter, I do have an accessory socket for 12 volt and am happy to adapt a lead to suit.

I've got a cheap pair of battery gloves but they only heat the back of my hands and the fingers get frozen.

I've spoken to a few m/c shops and the only one that stock both inner and outer is Fowlers at Bristol. The lady there suggested Keis heated inners or Weise montana outer.

Obviously I don't need armoured as they're for my scooter and non armoured are not readily available.

Just wondered if anyone has any thoughts or suggestions. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

DevCode

Prominent Member
what about a set of heated muffs, protection from wind and rain, and heated via a 12v lead, you'll look a wally with them but also thank ne for having nice warm hands.

dmpzsn

Distinguished Member
Not sure what you mean by muffs, unless you mean mittens. If so that wouldn't worry me as long as I'm warm.

The thought behind glove liners was that I could take them off and just wear the outer gloves if my hands got too hot. I could also keep them in the bag on my scooter.

I've ordered a pair of keis which should be here mid next week, then I'll have fun wiring them into a permenant 12v live as the scooter has 2 12v batteries and I don't want to take too much current out of just one. Probably be able to link into the controller. I can then add heated vest etc in the future.

Jamie

Distinguished Member
He means this sort of thing
tucano-urbano-handlebar-muffs-installed.jpg

dmpzsn

Distinguished Member
If you check the link you'll see that the muff wouldn't enable me to use the levers.

I can't open the link, I'll try a different way.

edit. Just had a look and no they wouldn't work.

Jamie

Distinguished Member
That's not the scooter I was thinking of I'll be honest.

How about these

dmpzsn

Distinguished Member
I hadn't heard of those and wasn't told of them, though they look good. If the liners don't work out I can return them and try your suggestion.

Looking at the spec they fit the bill including heating the thumb, but a little more expensive.

Great shout and I'll keep them in mind. Many thanks. :thumbsup:

dmpzsn

Distinguished Member
@Jamie, I must apologise, I have looked back on the thread and realised the cause of the confusion.

I omitted one very necessary fact, that it was for a mobility scooter.

Re-reading my first post I feel very stupid for my mistake, the fact I knew what I was talking about doesn't mean others do.:(:facepalm:

I'll go stand on the stupid step.:)

IronGiant

Don't worry about it. And if you must, please sit on the step :D

dmpzsn

Distinguished Member
The gloves arrived today and are brilliant but they're going back.

Very little heat and no warming of the back of the fingers. I've spoken to the supplier who's happy for me to send back.

I've looked at the Gerbing and they're in very short supply. In the end I've managed to get a pair direct from Gerbing after speaking to them and confirming that they should do what I want.

Thanks for pointing me towards them @Jamie as I didn't know they even existed. :thumbsup:

Jamie

Distinguished Member
I've had an entirely different pair of Gerbing heated gloves, albeit more years ago than I care to admit, and they were brilliant, so hopefully their modern stuff is still good.

dmpzsn

Distinguished Member
Well the guy assured me they were heated all around the fingers which is what I need. All I can do is try them. :)

dmpzsn

Distinguished Member
Yes I do but even with heated gloves on last year my fingers were frozen which is why I have gone this way as the greblin heat the whole hand less palms. Plus my grips aren't like m/c grips, mine are foam and will be a pain to remove.

lee1980

Prominent Member
You can get motorcycle muffs that go right over and have supports as to not press levers etc.
I went for heated grips on my ducati, an official add on. Work really well and look same apart from a wire under bar going down and can control them with the dash display.
As said when around town and fingers are off the grip a lot, they don't work so well. Then I have found only really use when its near below 5c, I guess maybe just got hardened to it over the years lol. If you ever see a biker arrive some where in the cold waving hands and not like locking up bike its usually cause can't feel fingers and when they warm up god it hurts lol!

dmpzsn

Distinguished Member
Already suggested, but if you'd read the thread I very stupidly forgot to mention it was a mobility scooter. Post 12. :facepalm:

Now found out how to change to save anymore confusion.

lee1980

Prominent Member
Already suggested, but if you'd read the thread I very stupidly forgot to mention it was a mobility scooter. Post 12. :facepalm:

Now found out how to change to save anymore confusion.
Aha, sorry lol, I did glance through, I thought it wasn't a mobility scooter.
Glad you got sorted, will read more closely next time!

dmpzsn

Distinguished Member
The gloves arrived today, warms all the finger and thumb, managed to try them on the lower two heat setting but not the high settings, probably didn't wait long enough for them to warm up.

They're fixed to a 100ah battery which should keep them going for a while. :rotfl:

P1000431.JPG
Now to give them a try when we have a cold morning.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom