1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

heat region 1 dts ?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by micks_address, Mar 13, 2002.

1. micks_address

micks_address

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +222
    Hi folks,
    Quick question about the region 1 disc of Heat - i bought it thinking it had dts from amazon.com and it turned up with only dolby digital. Is there a region 1 dts version available and if so where can i get it?.
    Thanks,
    Mick

2. haf

haf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,863
    Mick,

*** BIG WARNING!! *** Only get the R3 DTS version, if you don't mind missing a fair whack of the picture.

The reason being, the R3 version is only in the 1.85:1 widescreen ratio, and not the full 2.35:1 ratio, that is on the US and UK editions.

Also, it is quite pricey! What would be much better, and I'm sure I won't be the only one who would agree with me on this, is if someone released "Heat" with:-

- A DTS and Dolby Digital 5.1 sountrack on the same disc.
    - A Michael Mann audio commentary, preferably with Robert DeNiro and Al Pacino as well! (Wouldn't that be awesome?!)
    - Then, on a second DVD, a lengthy and interesting "Behind The Scenes" documentary (especially with the Street Scene Gun Battle!), complete with interviews, and lots of unseen footage.
    - A proper DVD Amaray case, not the cardboard box that Warner UK use!

What do the rest of you think?

Pooch

4. haf

haf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Pooch

Thanks for the advice. Seen R3 advertised but hadn't made a decision. Think I'll just buy DD version. Are there any differences between R1/R2.

Commentaries with De Niro & Pacino would be a definite Best Buy!Street shootout awesome.

Henry

5. I J S

I J S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought the Region 1 version from DVDBoxoffice (which only took 5 days to arrive incidentally!) for less than £10.Although it's lacking in the way of extras, the 2:35 anamorphic transfer is excellent and the DD soundtrack isn't bad!

I would love to see all the extras Pooch mentioned along with some involvement from Val Kilmer also (even though his role is a supporting one).

I just hope this is one that Warners intend to re-issue with all the bells and whistles at some stage in the not too distant future.It's a cracking movie that deserves the "Special Edition" treatment.

6. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    It would seem that Michael Mann is one of those directors who isn't interested in his films after he has made them... none of his DVDs seem to have any input from him. :(

Region 1 = picture disc
    Region 2 = plain silver (as with all cr**py WB titles!)