1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Heat problems!

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by popeye, Aug 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. popeye

popeye
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone experienced problems with convergence on thier CRT's due to heat. I have turned a bedroom into a dedicated H/C, however the heat in the house rises to the bedroom and due to a black out blind, which covers the window there's no way of ventilating the room to get some air in.
    In the summer the room is almost unbearable and the heat expands the projector ceiling mount and causes the convergence to drift.

I've tried fans to cool the room down, however I've found them to be ineffective and they just move the hot air round.

I've been looking at the possibility of an air conditioning unit. B&Q
    have a range of portable units with dehumidifiers and fans built in for around £250. The units can be fixed permanently and just need to be vented through a window or wall.

Has anyone any experience with these units or do you have one in your H/C. If so, how loud are they?

Any thoughts or sugestions are welcome!

popeye

2. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Blowing the air around is not going to help. It's not so much getting cold air in but getting the hot air out. Most of it will be up around your PJ which will heat the air even more.
    Up untill the last week or two I could cope with just a fan sucking the air into some ducking in the ceiling. Then I bought an Air conditiong unit because the temperature hit 36degrees inside the room.
    I can have up to 4 projectors going at a time so it gets a bit close at times
    If your projector internally gets to 40 deg C and it's still working you are doing well.

The air con unit is fed through a whole in the wall but it is still noisy.

The fan is big thing mounted in a box with ducking down to the back of the PJ's much quiter and for most of the time quite ok.

3. popeye

popeye
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Roland. The problem I have is really two fold. The first problem is the convergence drifting slightly with the heat and secondly the level of comfort in the room.
    I have ordered an air conditioner to have the temperature in the room at a more comfortable level. The only down side is these units are a little on the noisy side, however I've come to believe that comfort is king!

Regards

popeye:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.