Heat: DTS Edition R2 Japan

Sigismund

Mark Haywood takes a look at Heat: DTS Edition from Japan.

Read the review here.

Smurfin

Distinguished Member
Mark, good review but re: the shootout. How much echo do you think there'd be in a street full of skyscrapers? I'm no expert, but I do think they got that one spot-on:)

Sigismund

Well, the last shootout I took part in didn't have so much echo.................but then again Mile End may have different acoustic characteristics compared with downtown Los Angeles ;)

Seriously - perhaps it's just that I've grown accustomed to the "pteeow" of a movie bullet and this has been deliberately made with lots of echo - maybe this is simply too realistic for me or perhaps I have played the lobby scene from The Matrix too many times!

Having said that I prefer the R2 Japanese release of this particular shootout compared to the R1 version, which lacks a bit of all round "dynamism" by comparison.

Mark

Iain Shields

Novice Member
I was quite surprised you felt let down by the shootout scene, I still catch myself holding my breath while watching it, and this is still after having watched this film over a dozen times (yes, I love it :D ) Each to their own I suppose.

Good review mate :smashin: Think I might find myself upgrading.

Regards,
Iain.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom