RedDevil85

Distinguished Member
Links: Coming soon

Release date: TBC

Currently down for release in Germany on 27th May 2021
Bluray-disc.de: Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment provides a little surprise, because the US major will release two back catalog titles formerly from 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment for the first time in 4K on Ultra HD Blu-ray in May 2021. Michael Mann's action thriller “Heat” (USA 1995), starring Al Pacino, Robert De Niro and Val Kilmer, and Jan De Bot's action thriller “Speed” (USA 1994) with Keanu will be released on May 27, 2021 Reeves and Sandra Bullock, each in 4K resolution. "Heat" will be available in the "Director's Definitive Edition" . Both titles appear in 2-disc sets including UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray.
UK release expected, will update as usual once confirmed.

Last edited:

kingkarl

Distinguished Member
Please give HEAT a Atmos track for that shootout !!

amita

I thought 'Heat' was WB?

SLS72

I thought 'Heat' was WB?

Fox acquired 20% of Regency Enterprises who produced Heat which gave them distribution rights.

Jim Di Griz

Distinguished Member
YES! Can't wait for this one - yet another nail in the 4K naysayers coffins! :D

Will we get different cuts? I don't care too much but it would be nice. And what art will we get? I really liked the US amaray art from the last release which is the one I've got right now. Please... no more floating heads!

featherhall

Distinguished Member
Oh good god . I’ve wet myself. Glorious

Casimir Harlow

Blu-ray Reviewer
YES! Can't wait for this one - yet another nail in the 4K naysayers coffins! :D

Will we get different cuts? I don't care too much but it would be nice. And what art will we get? I really liked the US amaray art from the last release which is the one I've got right now. Please... no more floating heads!

All but the boutique companies (Arrow) largely skip any heavy lifting when it comes to cuts / features IMO.

Heat's got 2 (? - I've kinda lost track because they keep changing the names of the cuts) but all we'll see is the 'Director's Definitive' (as per the press release) as that's what was on the last 4K remastered Blu-ray release, which likely directly forms the basis for this.

I don't think the theatrical has ever been released in HD.

Still, DAY ONE, in my personal top 5.

Jim Di Griz

Distinguished Member
All but the boutique companies (Arrow) largely skip any heavy lifting when it comes to cuts / features IMO.

Heat's got 2 (? - I've kinda lost track because they keep changing the names of the cuts) but all we'll see is the 'Director's Definitive' (as per the press release) as that's what was on the last 4K remastered Blu-ray release, which likely directly forms the basis for this.

I don't think the theatrical has ever been released in HD.

Still, DAY ONE, in my personal top 5.
Yeah its too much to hope for. But getting this on 4K disc seemed too much to hope for not long ago! Can't wait for this one. Got Collateral 4K arriving any day now too.

domtheone

Distinguished Member
Awesome news for an awesome movie.

Moonda

Do any Michael Mann films have Atmos?? 😬

featherhall

Distinguished Member
Still haven’t seen it, just recently got the Blu-ray in case Disney were quitting physical:

So you can all thank me for this! :rolleyes:
I thought I was bad cause I hadn’t seen “Escape from New York” as well 🤣 good god man get it played

Gazgum

I thought I was bad cause I hadn’t seen “Escape from New York” as well 🤣 good god man get it played
Well I don’t know how it passed me by, but imagine having this to watch for the first time from the best format available.
As with ‘Gravity’, I can wait just a bit longer now! ( Usual caveat applies: Assuming they don’t foxtrot it up.)

I wanted this more than the Lord Of The Rings boxset! Now for Ronin to get the treatment.

Genuinely very happy.😊

rulocal

I wanted this more than the Lord Of The Rings boxset! Now for Ronin to get the treatment.

Genuinely very happy.😊

Would absolutely love Ronin. Hopefully Arrow get round to it soon.

FevreDream

Was hoping for an announcement on Heat this year, it's right up there on my UHD wish list. :clap:

Moonda

Was anyone else let down by the gun shots on the Bluray?

I have vague memories thinking the DVD sounded punchier?

I could be wrong!

This is the one I have...

Last edited:

Cevolution

Was anyone else let down by the gun shots on the Bluray?

I have vague memories thinking the DVD sounded punchier?

I could be wrong!

Which Blu-ray are you referring to? It's been released by more than one distributor, with different 5.1 lossless audio mixes... For instance, I own the Warner disc, the Fox disc, and the Geneon Universal Japanese disc.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

What's new on UK streaming services for June 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Austrian Audio launches Hi-X65 headphones
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Roku expands streaming content with Roku Originals
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Netflix UK for June 2021