RedDevil85

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Links: Amazon.co.uk - HMV - Zavvi

Release date: 08/08/2022

Heat_4K.jpg

Steelbook thread: Heat (1995) (Zavvi Exclusive) (4K UHD/Blu-ray Steelbook)

Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Please give HEAT a Atmos track for that shootout !!

I thought 'Heat' was WB?

I thought 'Heat' was WB?

Fox acquired 20% of Regency Enterprises who produced Heat which gave them distribution rights.

I've got the 4K UK iTunes version and thought it looked great.

Can't wait for this disc though

YES! Can't wait for this one - yet another nail in the 4K naysayers coffins! :D

Will we get different cuts? I don't care too much but it would be nice. And what art will we get? I really liked the US amaray art from the last release which is the one I've got right now. Please... no more floating heads!

Oh good god . I’ve wet myself. Glorious

YES! Can't wait for this one - yet another nail in the 4K naysayers coffins! :D

Will we get different cuts? I don't care too much but it would be nice. And what art will we get? I really liked the US amaray art from the last release which is the one I've got right now. Please... no more floating heads!

All but the boutique companies (Arrow) largely skip any heavy lifting when it comes to cuts / features IMO.

Heat's got 2 (? - I've kinda lost track because they keep changing the names of the cuts) but all we'll see is the 'Director's Definitive' (as per the press release) as that's what was on the last 4K remastered Blu-ray release, which likely directly forms the basis for this.

I don't think the theatrical has ever been released in HD.

Still, DAY ONE, in my personal top 5.

All but the boutique companies (Arrow) largely skip any heavy lifting when it comes to cuts / features IMO.

Heat's got 2 (? - I've kinda lost track because they keep changing the names of the cuts) but all we'll see is the 'Director's Definitive' (as per the press release) as that's what was on the last 4K remastered Blu-ray release, which likely directly forms the basis for this.

I don't think the theatrical has ever been released in HD.

Still, DAY ONE, in my personal top 5.
Yeah its too much to hope for. But getting this on 4K disc seemed too much to hope for not long ago! Can't wait for this one. Got Collateral 4K arriving any day now too.

Awesome news for an awesome movie.

Do any Michael Mann films have Atmos?? 😬

Still haven’t seen it, just recently got the Blu-ray in case Disney were quitting physical:

So you can all thank me for this! :rolleyes:
I thought I was bad cause I hadn’t seen “Escape from New York” as well 🤣 good god man get it played

I thought I was bad cause I hadn’t seen “Escape from New York” as well 🤣 good god man get it played
Well I don’t know how it passed me by, but imagine having this to watch for the first time from the best format available.
As with ‘Gravity’, I can wait just a bit longer now! ( Usual caveat applies: Assuming they don’t foxtrot it up.)

I wanted this more than the Lord Of The Rings boxset! Now for Ronin to get the treatment.

Genuinely very happy.😊

I wanted this more than the Lord Of The Rings boxset! Now for Ronin to get the treatment.

Genuinely very happy.😊

Would absolutely love Ronin. Hopefully Arrow get round to it soon.

Was hoping for an announcement on Heat this year, it's right up there on my UHD wish list. :clap:

Was anyone else let down by the gun shots on the Bluray?

I have vague memories thinking the DVD sounded punchier?

I could be wrong!

This is the one I have...

Last edited:
Was anyone else let down by the gun shots on the Bluray?

I have vague memories thinking the DVD sounded punchier?

I could be wrong!

Which Blu-ray are you referring to? It's been released by more than one distributor, with different 5.1 lossless audio mixes... For instance, I own the Warner disc, the Fox disc, and the Geneon Universal Japanese disc.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom