Heart rate question

Chrisharry12345

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Any fitness experts in the house? I'm 31 and for the first time in my life I have been doing regular exercise! 17st in the new year and now 15st mainly through dieting.. I'm now doing a mix of cardio and weights 6 times a week.. Weights started 2 weeks ago and cardio 6 weeks ago. Cardio I do 45 mins to 60 mins and I have a chest hr monitor and I keep it around 160 for the hour...

So before I did this my resting hr seemed to be in the mid 80s.. I noticed last week it was 75ish and today it is 67. Should I be thinking great my hearts getting healthier or that's too much of a drop go see a doc?

Stop worrying about your heart rate at resting. If it was like 200 when exercising I would worry but generally a low resting heart rate is a sign of relatively fit person.

Good on you losing weight.

i used to check my heart rate first thing in the morning lying in bed, then check it every couple of weeks. Mine used to be 40-44bpm but i was doing a ton of crossfit, haven't checked it in about 18mnths now though

I'm glad its gone down just seems to much of a jump as I would still class myself as very unfit! So I don't understand why it would drop so much in a short space if time..

It used to be quite high and it’s less so now. There are less fit people with much lower RHR. Don’t worry about it. Keep up the good work.

lower is generally better, you're system is getting more efficient likely

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom