• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Heart of Gold

V

vulkan75

Ive been practicing and using different ideas for an upcoming wedding and shots that would look nice in an album.
I wanted to do the following shot but didnt really have a clue how to go about it,so it was a case of thinking on the fly.

I was going to post a seascape but I guess your bored of those now....and besides someone would bound to have made reference to processing.

So this shot was taken on the D700 with a nifty fifty reversed and one extension ring.

The aperture was set to F1.8 on the aperture ring and iso was at 3200.The lighting was controlled by candle light and a maglite pen torch.

Focus was set by the rocking method:).

Post process was crop and noise reduction using dfine 2.0......other than that straight out of the camera.

Tobers

Prominent Member
Saw this on Flickr - very clever indeed! I can see a lot of wedding togs using this idea - did you copyright it?

How about two rings with interlocking hearts - would that work or would it be an exercise in origami?

V

vulkan75

Unfortunetly I dont hold the patent to this one...funnily there seems to be a shot like this next to mine everytime I make explore.

Its quite tricky to get right especially the balance with lighting....Flash looked terrible.........im quite happy with how it turned out.

As for the double ring idea,I had thought about it....but getting the heart shadow is a fiddle....im sure ill find a way:)one step at a time.

thanks mate:smashin:

Garf

Prominent Member
As for the double ring idea,I had thought about it....but getting the heart shadow is a fiddle....im sure ill find a way:)one step at a time.

If you search for 'ring heart bible' on flickr, there are numerous variations on this, and quite a few with double/interlocking hearts, if that helps ?

Nice photo by the way..

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom