Question Hearing impaired soundbar advice please?

iberfoptic

Standard Member
Hi,

I was wondering could you offer me some advice. As the question states I'm hearing impaired and wear hearing aids, I would like to purchase a soundbar to go with my Samsung 55inch led.

I have been looking at a lot of reviews and think I have shortlisted several soundbars/ soundbase which I think may be suitable.

They are;

Yamaha Yas 2500
Q acoustics m4
Bose solo 15

I'm looking a soundbar which will offer me the best performance in terms of dialogue because of my hearing I mainly watch movies and sports music isn't a big issue and neither is bass.

Can you please tell me out of the soundbars I have listed which would suit my needs best, also is there any other soundbars worth taking a closer look at. My max budget is £500 thank you and sorry if this post is somewhat long winded I just want to make the right choice!!

reecie

Prominent Member
I imagine Richer Sounds would let you audition the top two at home. I know the Yamaha has Clear Voice since I have one. Not really used it beyond flicking it on and off to see what the difference was. It does make some but whether it is enough for you etc

MarkE19

I've got the Bose Solo 15 and it is a sound base rather than sound bar, ie it has a built in subwoofer for the extra bass.
I have no issues with my hearing so I have no idea how it would compare for you to the other units you listed. However to me it does offer very good sound quality with clear speech and overall clarity that is generally missing from a modern TV's built in audio.

Mark.

scoootyj

Standard Member
Hello! I've been having a think out of the box for you, so thought I'd mention to you in case it's any use - is it just yourself watching or are there others in the same room? The reason I ask is because you mention bass etc isn't a massive issue, pioneer make a speaker that works a little like wireless headphones, using rf frequently, plugging into your headphone socket if you have one, and So you can literally sit the speaker next to you, have clear audio, decent quality and a fraction of the price, possibly a solution especially for speech etc, as it will be right next to you.. I'm.on my phone at the moment but if it sounds like a possibility let me know and I'll seek the model number out for you!

Stuartj1

Established Member
Hi,

I was wondering could you offer me some advice. As the question states I'm hearing impaired and wear hearing aids, I would like to purchase a soundbar to go with my Samsung 55inch led.

I have been looking at a lot of reviews and think I have shortlisted several soundbars/ soundbase which I think may be suitable.

They are;

Yamaha Yas 2500
Q acoustics m4
Bose solo 15

I'm looking a soundbar which will offer me the best performance in terms of dialogue because of my hearing I mainly watch movies and sports music isn't a big issue and neither is bass.

Can you please tell me out of the soundbars I have listed which would suit my needs best, also is there any other soundbars worth taking a closer look at. My max budget is £500 thank you and sorry if this post is somewhat long winded I just want to make the right choice!!

If your Samsung is multi room enabled you can pair it with some of their speakers i.e. M3 or M5. You can then place this where ever you please. It's wireless so just need a power supply.

Stuartj1

Established Member
what a great idea Stuartj1!

Thanks, I have a couple of the M3 with a curved sound bar to create wireless surround. If your not interested in bass just get a one or a few M3/M5's. I think you can have 6 of the buggers connected.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom