Quantcast

Heaphones for Gaming

Fuzzmundo

I want to be able to play the PS3 & XBOX 360 at night without waking up the rest of the house & also without the need to mute the volume so I though a pair of headphones would be the best move.

It is a bedroom set up so I currently do not have an amp so the headphones will probably be connected to the tv.

I read in another thread the Sennheiser 202 were suggested however the HD 203 are available for the same price.

I want some decent sounding headphones, not too concerned about the mic which is why I was looking at headphones rather than the gaming sets such as the turtle beach.

What would you suggest? Any other headphones recommended?

Wattsy 75

Just ordered a new set of px21 for my son to replace his broken ones! He has had them 2 yrs so no a bad innings! Shopto are doing them for 40 quid , mw3 badged ones! Can highly recommend them

jwalsh82

If you have a higher budget I bought the Tritton AX 720 they take 5.1 optical from the PS3. They are between £100-£120 depending on where you go.

Desiboy007

Novice Member
If suggest either the Sharkoon X-Tatic V3's or SONY MDR DS6500 - Wireless Headphones - black, the Sony ones are not console gaming headphones, they are just for general use, therefore they do not have a mic.

But they are very good both headsets :D

Fuzzmundo

Having a mic does not bother me too much & is in no way a deal breaker.

ayaan

Novice Member
Having a mic does not bother me too much & is in no way a deal breaker.

I use the shp-2500 for gaming at night , they were only £14 from currys :smashin:

i plug them into pc speakers, and then plug the pc speakers into the tv .they have a inline volume control so you can adjust the volume :D

p9ul

If you look in the gaming headsets thread you'll see a lot of people are gaming with headsets that had a mic retro-fitted later on so you can always do that.

I've been using a pair of Sennheiser HD Pro's that cost me £110, that was about 8 years ago and they've never missed a beat, You can get them now for about £60 online.

PlayStation

Turtle Beach PX5's are amazing. I have them and one thing they have over others is a bit more bass and the ability to make custom presets depending in what game mode etc

PX5's I think are the one fully wireless headset for the PS3 because of the Bluetooth for voice chat. Astros have too many wires and Trittons are owned by Madcatz, lol that says it all.

gongatots

Turtle Beach PX5's are amazing. I have them and one thing they have over others is a bit more bass and the ability to make custom presets depending in what game mode etc

PX5's I think are the one fully wireless headset for the PS3 because of the Bluetooth for voice chat. Astros have too many wires and Trittons are owned by Madcatz, lol that says it all.
Hi there.
the Turtle beach px3's are fully wireless and perform just as well as the px5's run with a dss, not quite as customisable but still plenty of presets to choose from.
I settled on the px5 and recommend them to anyone.
:thumbsup: