1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Headset query

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by specky, Jun 16, 2003.

1. specky

specky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

Being a newbie to online gaming I was wondering if anyone could shed any light on a headset for communicating with team mates. I'm currently addicted to Planetside and my fingers can't cope with all the squad/outfit messages to type whilst trying not to die - any recommendations?

Also, does anyone know what is needed to use voice comms - is it just plug and play or do I need some additional software?

2. savage

savage

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ahh yes the amount of times ive been killed typing arrgghh !!

goto overclockers.co.uk they have a very big TR outfit in which they all use headsets.

There are a couple of threads explaining which headsets to get and how to use them in the game .

3. Oddbodd

Oddbodd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61
    I'm also on the lookout for a good quality headset and I've looked through loads of threads on the o\clockers forums but can't seem to find any info. Any chance of a link:)
    Cheers Oddbodd

4. savage

savage

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sorry mate

The problem is its in the planetside members needed thread and that thread is massive ,

At home i have written a headset that they most recomend but I cant remember it .

Ill take a look through the forums and paste what they wrote .

5. savage

savage

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ok this is the one about 50 of them use .

I have a labtec LVA7313 i think, it's a tie clipon microphone, kinda like the ones you see TV presenters using, but not quite as good

still seems ok, Headrat seems to hear me ok/

i just copied and pasted that and after he wrote it they all seem to love that one .
    The rest of the stuff you need is in game whichever your playing unless you set up your own server .

6. dtsrules

dtsrules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Plantronics range has the mic built into the headset, they are very good.