Headset help

x3j3UKN

i have never had any success using the 3.5mm socket in the controller and me and the lad have had to share the headset adaptor I’ve had for years.

However, this Christmas I got my daughter her own Xbox slim and a new turtle beach 50x headset. It’s worked ok. Sometimes not at all without a full Xbox reboot, but today it’s been a nightmare!

She’s in a party with her friends and the whole audio and mic keeps cutting in and out. It almost feels like a lose connection but everything visibly looks perfect, she also takes good care of stuff and hasn’t been dropped.

I’ve just rebooted the console and it seems ok now, for the last 10 mins anyway.

Has anyone ever had this issue with the 3.5mm socket? Is there a more robust option around? She’s been avoiding using it I’ve just found out as it’s frustrated her too much :(

DarenD

I have the 50x for my daughters Xbox and I wonder about the quality of the wire as it's not the thickest of cables.

WhiteHartMart

Distinguished Member
i have never had any success using the 3.5mm socket in the controller and me and the lad have had to share the headset adaptor I’ve had for years.

However, this Christmas I got my daughter her own Xbox slim and a new turtle beach 50x headset. It’s worked ok. Sometimes not at all without a full Xbox reboot, but today it’s been a nightmare!

She’s in a party with her friends and the whole audio and mic keeps cutting in and out. It almost feels like a lose connection but everything visibly looks perfect, she also takes good care of stuff and hasn’t been dropped.

I’ve just rebooted the console and it seems ok now, for the last 10 mins anyway.

Has anyone ever had this issue with the 3.5mm socket? Is there a more robust option around? She’s been avoiding using it I’ve just found out as it’s frustrated her too much :(
Personally I'd keep an eye on the actual controller socket - I've had at least one, if not two fail and read it can be a problem.

DarenD

Personally I'd keep an eye on the actual controller socket - I've had at least one, if not two fail and read it can be a problem.
Yer I don't think I would argue against you on that.

x3j3UKN

I ended up getting the controller replaced which resulted in amazon sending a whole new console out!

It worked out well as the console occasionally wouldn’t power on the daughter told me.

New console, new controller. Worked perfect ever since :clap: