Headset for the 360

rchads89

Banned
Right quite sometime ago i had some sharkoons which there was like an amp box were i powered into a wall plug socket and then the headphones plugged into the awp then a optical cable into the back of the 360. Im looking at something like that again as DONT WANT TO PLUG HEADSET INTO TV

So my question is you know the turtle beach and steel series headsets that you have to plug into the back of the tv can i use one of those dongle audio adaptors that you get with the elites that plugs into the back of the 360 and use the phono r and l and i will get sound that way? I have ordered one from ebay as my new slim only has optical out but i can still use that dongle with hdmi and get an extra optical cable out and the phonos if that makes sense?

Reason being im moving the slim from the pana g20 to a 24'' monitor and obviously on the monitor they is no audio out only hdmi

Ta

Last edited:

Munkey Boy

Distinguished Member
You don't have to plug any headsets into the back of the TV. Any headset which take an optical input will take the audio out from your Xbox via a dongle on an older style 360 or via the built-in optical port on a newer style 360. No need to go via the TV at all. If you need to go via red & white stereo to your headset because it doesn't have an optical input, then you may be best off with the dongle you mention.

rchads89

Banned
Alright i get what your saying and thats what i was basically saying in my first post just wanted to confirm it.

So here i have a xbox slim and i have a dongle with R and L and optical out on i plug that into the back of my xbox. I get say this headset http://www.scan.co.uk/products/steelseries-spectrum-4xb-wired-headset-for-xbox-360-gamers which you have R and L phono i plug that straight into the dongle with the socket r and l will i get direct sound through the headset via that dongle? so i dont need to plug into tv?

Mr Noble

Distinguished Member
Alright i get what your saying that and thats what i was basically saying in my first post just wanted to confirm it.

So here i have a xbox slim and i have a dongle with R and L and optical out on i plug that into the back of my xbox. I get a say turtle beach headset x11 which you have R and L phono i plug that straight into the that dongle with the socket r and l will i get direct sound through the headset via that dongle? so i dont need to plug into tv?

no you don't , unless you want the sound to come out of your TV too :smashin:

set it up the way you have described and your laughing

rchads89

Banned
no you don't , unless you want the sound to come out of your TV too :smashin:

set it up the way you have described and your laughing

Well if i connect it up how i say via dongle sound wont come through tv as i will be taking xbox from the g20 pana to a monitor :smashin: so i should get sound through the dongle as i think i will order this headset heard very good things about it

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom