heads up: The Conversation - tonight BBC1 12:05

Joe Pineapples

Distinguished Member
The Conversation (Gene Hackman), tonight on BBC1 12:05 (in widescreen). Not seen this for a good few years, so i'll be setting the timer.

joe

Garrett

I do not know if the BBC are playing silly games but 10 minutes into the film and although it is suppose to be in W/S it is only reaching the point on my W/S TV as what a 4:3 picture would, and it looks to be in 16:9 format.

Garrett

It has just this minute opened up, I suppose someone rang in.

RMCF

Distinguished Member
Only read this thread this morning so missed it - shame. I have only ever seen this film once about 10 years ago and I remember it being excellent. Good twist at the end as well. Hackman great as always.

the_pauley

Banned
Terrific movie and available for a snip on DVD Soon! :thumbsup:

Garrett

I got round to watching it on Saturday and despite what is said above I never saw the screen open up it was in a anamorphic picture with a whacking great black border all the way round.

I did not like the film that much either it reminded me of a home movie rather than a film, there was little plot and a 2 hour film hung on a plot twist.

Joe Pineapples

Distinguished Member
I did not like the film that much either it reminded me of a home movie rather than a film, there was little plot and a 2 hour film hung on a plot twist
Boooooo ;) . The problem is with a film like this i think , is that you needed to have seen it on its orginal release, as a lot more 'similar' films have been made since, with the 'similar' plot padded out quite a bit more. Still a good film though, and i stand by it, from the sense of when/the era it was made.

joe