*Heads Up* Terror Threat in London Today 16/05

New Start Neil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Right, I don't want to alarm anyone, but I've just spoken to my Wife who's working in Canary Wharf today.

She's taken a phone call from a colleague who told her that she has "heard" (don't know where from) that there's a credible threat of a terror attack in London today.

She has also just spoken to a friend of ours who is a police office in Scotland Yard who confirmed it and said to stay off of the tubes and buses and away from enclosed spaces.

That's all the info he had/could share, so I just thought I'd pass it on as you never know.

Sorry I don't have any more info and as I said, I don't want to send everyone off running for the hills, but if something did happen I wouldn't feel at all good having not passed it on.

Nothing on any MSM yet. Any links?

More concerned about a rape allegation than a terror attack??

Anyway, I've just heard on the radio that they've just closed areas of The Mall/Strand/Travalgar Square....
↲I was talking about the news channels reports not me being concerned , just incase we got our wires crossed

Seems to have been an abandoned suitcase.

A colleagues husband is in the Met and they are on high alert today.

Last edited:
A colleagues husband as in the Met and they are on high alert today.

Exactly, my Wife spoke to our friend (not just someone we bumped into at a party once, a true friend who is married to my Wife's best friend) who said the same thing.

[Edit] - Just to be clear, he's also a police officer based at Scotland Yard.

Not a thread for changing the title to something sarcastic IMO.

Last edited:
Exactly, my Wife spoke to our friend (not just someone we bumped into at a party once, a true friend who is married to my Wife's best friend) who said the same thing.

[Edit] - Just to be clear, he's also a police officer based at Scotland Yard.

Not a thread for changing the title to something sarcastic IMO.

I think it's more a case of whistling past the graveyard to be honest mate. I am sure everyone is appreciative that you've drawn our attention to it. :)

um if you've got information about terrorist threat surely you shouldn't disclose it?

I think it's more a case of whistling past the graveyard to be honest mate. I am sure everyone is appreciative that you've drawn our attention to it. :)

I'm not sure what whistling past the graveyard means, but I just don't think that someone should have changed the title to something less serious that what it is.

No news atm just some blog site everyone seems to be linking on twitter.

Guilty :hiya: And it wasn't not meant to "be funny".

I presume you meant "it wasn't meant to be funny"?

If that's the case, what was it meant to be?

It came across as a way of "having a laugh" at someone who posted a thread about a credible terror threat today that turned out to be nothing more than an unattended suitcase, when in actual fact the suitcase incident is conincidence and there is still a high level in threat in London today.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom