Heads Up - PS5 Stock Alerts only !! (Keep on topic please)

RedGB79

Yeah I get that, but when I click it now was expecting to join a queue again, but it takes me in direct. Wasnt sure why, cause there must be loads using it.

Jimx26

Managed to get one from GAME this morning but still waiting on email confirmation, anyone else the same?

Dazzor

Managed to get one from GAME this morning but still waiting on email confirmation, anyone else the same?

Got email confirmation within 2 minutes- thing is, I queued to get in, then was presented with unable to add to basket for £449 disc, after many attempts I left that screen, stayed in the website & went for an additional controller option, this took me directly to secure checkout.

I think I got on early ish as initial queue time was 30 minutes & time reduced consistently.

All this from iPhone X & ended up not seeing Apple pay option so just used my card details

Jimx26

Got email confirmation within 2 minutes- thing is, I queued to get in, then was presented with unable to add up basket for £449 disc, after many attempts I left that screen, stayed in the website & went for a additional controller option, this took me directly to secure checkout.

I think I got on early ish as initial queue time was 30 minutes & time reduced consistently.

All this from iPhone X & ended up not seeing apply pay option so just used my card details
Cheers, I’ve got an order no and did a screenshot so hopefully ok. Checked out as a guest as couldn’t remember login details so hopefully just delayed.

Dazzor

Cheers, I’ve got an order no and did a screenshot so hopefully ok. Checked out as a guest as couldn’t remember login details so hopefully just delayed.

I joined last night but then read buying as guest was best/ safest option for some reason. Silly question- you’ve checked your junk mail? Also, you 100% entered correct email address? I use keyboard short cut on my phone, type two letters & whole email address populates- sure this is a commonly used function- very handy.

Jimx26

I joined last night but then read buying as guest was best/ safest option for some reason. Silly question- you’ve checked your junk mail? Also, you 100% entered correct email address? I use keyboard short cut on my phone, type two letters & whole email address populates- sure this is a commonly used function- very handy.
Thanks, yeah email address is good. I’ve dropped them a message to confirm.

maxkolonko123

If you go in via Facebook it often works better. Got one in my basket via this method on my mobile phone on the last release but it was a crazy price. Just checked and I can get on the site but can't find PS5 anywhere.
Probobaly shop to have weak servers and all stock gone to scalpers bots

LCDseeker

Distinguished Member
Probobaly shop to have weak servers and all stock gone to scalpers bots

Probably BUT I think last time they were actively checking each order and relisted plenty of sale again. God knows why all the retailers can't just request an email pre order, payment etc and then all of the bot/scalper activity would be removed overnight.

maxkolonko123

Probably BUT I think last time they were actively checking each order and relisted plenty of sale again. God knows why all the retailers can't just request an email pre order, payment etc and then all of the bot/scalper activity would be removed overnight.
Let's be honest do you think retailers care that much? End of the day they are here for money too.

FadgewackeR

Distinguished Member
The ShopTo thing was confirmed to be a fake stock alert leak that funneled traffic to the servers and crashed them :confused:

sjw

I got one! I got the Disc with extra controller. I joined the Discord Channel that was posted here I think. However, I just dropped totally lucky.
Was so nervous waiting for the drop lol - I refreshed about 2 or 3 secs before the 'tweets' and it went straight to the order page and wasn't even in the queue. A mate did it about 20 secs later and was in a queue for an hour but didn't get one.
As has been mentioned earlier, a tip for Game specifically - and it may seem counter intuitive.... If you have a Game account, DO NOT sign into it beforehand. Basically, the way the queue system works, by the time it gets you to the front, the login has expired and you're put in another queue for the login part. By that time, someone else has your PS5.. After buying it as guest (type those details in fast or use some Autofill) it will then say there is an account with that email address and do you want to link your order - you can just say yes to this and link it to your account - although that doesn't happen for a while after.
Other tip don't go go for console only if you can help it, get an addon/accessory/game - even if you don't need it you could sell it to reduce the cost. Scalpers tend to go for the console only sales.
Good luck, too stressfull all that but son will be happy tomorrow - even if it won't arrive for a little while.
EDIT @Daft Ada , a mate has asked me to try for one for him as he struggles to get the time but does do sometimes. On the ouside chance I manage to get one but he does too, it's yours for the RRP + charity donation you mentioned.

Last edited:

RedGB79

I got one! I got the Disc with extra controller. I joined the Discord Channel that was posted here I think. However, I just dropped totally lucky.
Was so nervous waiting for the drop lol - I refreshed about 2 or 3 secs before the 'tweets' and it went straight to the order page and wasn't even in the queue. A mate did it about 20 secs later and was in a queue for an hour but didn't get one.
As has been mentioned earlier, a tip for Game specifically - and it may seem counter intuitive.... If you have a Game account, DO NOT sign into it beforehand. Basically, the way the queue system works, by the time it gets you to the front, the login has expired and you're put in another queue for the login part. By that time, someone else has your PS5.. After buying it as guest (type those details in fast or use some Autofill) it will then say there is an account with that email address and do you want to link your order - you can just say yes to this and link it to your account - although that doesn't happen for a while after.
Other tip don't go go for console only if you can help it, get an addon/accessory/game - even if you don't need it you could sell it to reduce the cost. Scalpers tend to go for the console only sales.
Good luck, too stressfull all that but son will be happy tomorrow - even if it won't arrive for a little while.
EDIT @Daft Ada , a mate has asked me to try for one for him as he struggles to get the time but does do sometimes. On the ouside chance I manage to get one but he does too, it's yours for the RRP + charity donation you mentioned.
I went for the stand alone ps5 disc in this mornings drop which was a mistake seemingly. Will go for a bigger bundle next time. I reckon I have a 50:50 of getting one by Christmas 😂

bruce-leroy

Distinguished Member

Glad you finally got one. I can totally empathise with getting one of these things for son (or daughter). I got really lucky in nabbing one through the Currys glitch before christmas, otherwise would probably still be here now!

RedGB79

Just saw drop alert for Xbox Series X on HotStock, and though I’d have a look to see how difficult it was to get those, clicked the link, 1min queue, then straight into basket and through to payment no problem (thought I didn’t buy). Wish it was so easy on PS5 😖😂

dvdchild

Distinguished Member
1614280924564.png

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung TV Launch & QN95A Neo QLED Review, plus Film & TV news & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Tidal streaming service acquired by Twitter/Square's Jack Dorsey
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Netflix adds support for reduced theatrical release window
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Paradigm launches Founder speaker series
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 3rd March 2021