[HEADS UP] Masterchef on Media Center (W7)

AMc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you or your family member has a series record for MasterChef it will NOT record the last 3 episodes this week (Tue/Wed/Thur).
The Freeview and Freesat listings in Media Center have this in a new series as "Masterchef: The Final 3" and have not linked them with "Masterchef" despite the Freeview listing having the correct x/23 episode format in the details.

I've tried on many occasions to submit errors and each time I find no way of doing it :(

This is the page I get when following your link, even when I'm signed in with a Windows Live account.
It cheerfully says "To provide feedback to the team (bugs) use the feedback link to the left."

The top left link "Media Center Program Guide Data Feedback Home" takes you to the same page
The "Surveys" link takes you to a page which says there are none available.

I'd happily officially report the problem if there was a way!

Attachments

• where.PNG
    where.PNG
    119.5 KB · Views: 63
  • where2.PNG
    where2.PNG
    42.5 KB · Views: 62
I've tried on many occasions to submit errors and each time I find no way of doing it :(

This is the page I get when following your link, even when I'm signed in with a Windows Live account.
It cheerfully says "To provide feedback to the team (bugs) use the feedback link to the left."

The top left link "Media Center Program Guide Data Feedback Home" takes you to the same page
The "Surveys" link takes you to a page which says there are none available.

I'd happily officially report the problem if there was a way!
Once I sign in, I get a 'Feedback' link above the 'Surveys' link.

Do you need to add the product to your Dashboard?

Clicked on the dashboard link and was told despite being signed in that I need a public profile to be created which I'm pretty sure I've done before. Then agree to yet more T&Cs and emails and finally I get the Feedback link in place.:clap:

I'm then faced with a form with spelling mistakes ("Repeat Program marked as Now" - New?, "Incorect Headend Name") and finally a magic number from the listings provider that I don't have because I'm not near the HTPC :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'm reminded of this scene in The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy....
Episode #1.1 (1981) - Quotes - IMDb

If I get the chance I'll report the next problem I find but I can't see any point with something that is being broadcast tonight given the glacial response to the freesat problems in the second most voted thread https://connect.microsoft.com/site1...or-experience-of-setting-up-freesat-in-the-uk

I appreciate your help Stiggy it's a shame Microsoft really don't appear to care.

I appreciate your help Stiggy it's a shame Microsoft really don't appear to care.
I do share your frustration. However, this is the way MS gets feedback about the Guide, so it's the only way to fix it.

I think that the data is copy/pasted from week to week. For example, I've seen weekday quiz shows that record every day, except Monday!

If enough people moan, it gets fixed... eventually... maybe. ;)

If you or your family member has a series record for MasterChef it will NOT record the last 3 episodes this week (Tue/Wed/Thur).
The Freeview and Freesat listings in Media Center have this in a new series as "Masterchef: The Final 3" and have not linked them with "Masterchef" despite the Freeview listing having the correct x/23 episode format in the details.

my 7mc has picked up the final week without being told and there are three record symbols so it knows its part of the season pass.

There's always iPlayer for anyone who did miss it.

my 7mc has picked up the final week without being told and there are three record symbols so it knows its part of the season pass.

Weird - I was doing my check this Sunday and none of mine were in the list to be recorded.
I'm just using the standard listings from MS - anything different in your set up?

I am wondering if its just picked up the season pass from last year :)

Could be - mine was also using an old season pass.
I went and had a look at my list yesterday and discovered I have some identically named ones for other programmes, some which had upcoming episodes and some didn't - Who do you think you are USA was in there 3 times. Presumably there is a series identifier in the EPG.
I did double check and my regular MasterChef entry had no upcoming episodes.

Yesterday they messed with the Tacolneston freeview frequencies which messed my machine up and required a full rescan of the Freeview tuners. Missed the original Star Trek movie which was the first failed recording :(
Still at least everyone was out so I had the time to fix things straight away.

Really delighted I ended up with 3 working ITV1's on the same frequencies ?!? When I disabled the second it warned me this was stop scheduled recordings so I disabled the third instead. Media Centre can be so much fun.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom